• Register
  • Help

Topic: Lyrical Distortion / Studio B

Share/Bookmark
    Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Lyrical Distortion / Studio B

I jumped on the Lyrical Distortion bandwagon a little late, since it only recently became GS3 compatible.

I just wanted to say that I am extremely impressed with it. It has a really gritty, lovely cone sound, just exactly how I would mic a cabinet. I have spent only about an hour with it, but already I am excited about some uses for this. I really love the muted/palmed patches, and how they move from note to note. Good use of round-robin, and the level of distortion is very nice...just the right amount of "hair" on the tone, not shredding, just right in the pocket for a really nice variety of uses.

I can't wait to get a couple more hours under my belt. I think I'll be flying with it at that point.

I also picked up Studio B, and that is a very nice collection of tools. Any one of the instruments would have been a good deal. There is a subset of Lyrical Distortion in there, a nice slapping drum kit, and what sounds like an A20 or Fender hollow-body electric bass. Everything sounds really great. I love the drum kits with the rods, they have some very seriously slapping snares. It's a great all-in-one production kit, but I certainly wouldn't characterize it as anything remotely entry-level. I can see every bit of it being go-to useful.

These are very nice libraries. I think anyone with an interest in the instruments represented would be extremely pleased with them. I can't wait to have some more time to really dig in. I'm in the "meeting phase" of some new projects for the fall, and am hoping to push the musical direction towards something that I can really use these libraries on!!

Thumbs up Re: Lyrical Distortion / Studio B

Thanks Bruce! I'm glad the libraries are something that will fit into your work-flow. My favorite is riding the ride bell with a touch of 'verb on it. Get the hi-hat pedal stompin' along side it and then improve some piano - gorgeous.

I was immediately impressed with the Lyrical Distortion sound as well. Aaron came to me and presented the library about half finished. I called Frank five minutes later and said "you have to hire this guy". After one listen Frank had a contract in Aaron's in-box.

Along with production on the avant-garde instrument library I've been working on for what seems like ages already, I am developing some new instruments and updates for Studio B users. If you have any sugestions after spending some more time with the library feel free to call or PM them. I'm think about extending the percussion to cover some bongos and tambourines, maybe an upright bass, some soft brush work and some vintage keys or something. All fun stuff.

Thanks again for the compliments, I'll forward this link to the rest of the Bela D team.
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Re: Lyrical Distortion / Studio B

Héhé! For me, Lyrical Distortion is my big baby.

I'm really proud of the quality and the utilities of this program!

I'm saying it again! i didn't lost my money for this program!

But i didn't try Studio B

Maybe i will one day...

Very cool read Bruce. Thank you very much. By the way, Bela D may have a 3rd producer coming that will be working on the synth side of things. We'll keep everyone posted.

FB
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Thank you very much Bruce! I fell out of my chair reading that. I'm very glad you liked Lyrical Distortion.

Thanks Alan, that was another "fell of my chair" moment It really did happen that quick. I knew Bela D Media was the place for LD, but didn't expect that, that quick. Glad it worked out the way it did.

Thanks Clock, Glad you like Lyrical Distortion

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Hey Aaron,

I got about another hour in on just getting through everything today, and I am very impressed with the way that you guys adapted to the Giga 3.1 stuff as well. The legato patches are very cool the way they switch in and out of legato mode depending upon whether you play lines or chords. That makes things a lot easier, and it kind of mimicks the behavior of a guitar (well, not really, but what really does...it's close to some behaviors, which is better than none).

I think you did a really fine job.

Best regards,
    Bruce

There are really exciting add ons coming to LD (Lyrical Distortion).
    I won't give anything away but the names...

LD 1 On Stage
    LD 2 Extended
    LD 3 "still fighting over the name "

All will have a significant user discount for those who already own the first LD1.
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Love the sound of the demos - keep us MachFivers in mind for future developments...

Quote Originally Posted by jloeb
    Love the sound of the demos - keep us MachFivers in mind for future developments...
    jloeb, I will be receiving Mach 5 later this week and will be looking into how fast we can hand reprogram Studio B and LD into Mach 5 versions. Though some features of Studio B may not be able to be reproduced until version 2 of Mach 5, we shall see. We are working towards it though.

Go Back to forum