• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sonar 4.0.3 update

Share/Bookmark

Sonar 4.0.3 update

If you use GS3.1 and Sonar together, the latest Sonar update really works wonders. For example I never used to be able to record audio and midi simultaneously in Sonar while playing through GS3. Seems to work even at 96K now. May never use GS3's capture again.

Howard

Re: Sonar 4.0.3 update

I'm checking out the new update myself right now. Looks good.

Belbin

Quote Originally Posted by howardv
    If you use GS3.1 and Sonar together, the latest Sonar update really works wonders. For example I never used to be able to record audio and midi simultaneously in Sonar while playing through GS3. Seems to work even at 96K now. May never use GS3's capture again.
    You must make fewer mistakes on the keyboard than I do.

I assume that you're capturing the audio as you play the MIDI.

I guess you could record MIDI track 1. Fix the mistakes. Record MIDI track 2, while recording the audio from track 1 and so on. In that case you'd only have to re-capture the final track.

I'm still on Sonar 3, but it's nice to read about future possibilities!

-JF

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    You must make fewer mistakes on the keyboard than I do.
    Ha! Ha! Unfortunately the keyboard makes so many mistakes.

Just finished a weekend of laying down 88.2K vocals with 4.0.3 alongside gs3 midi tracks and it was great.

Howard

Quote Originally Posted by howardv

Howard
    Just curious.. are you using GS3 in Rewire mode? Or does your soundcard have a loopback feature?

Go Back to forum