• Register
  • Help

Topic: Making use of Key Switching

Share/Bookmark

Making use of Key Switching

I have been composing with GPO strictly within Overture for the last few months, and I have not been able to discover if it is possible to MIDI control Key Switching controls in GPO. Is that possible so that one could control a change in articulation (ie. pizz to lush) without having to do it manually, but rather using a MIDI program.

If Overture does not do it, is there a preferred program to control such a thing?

Re: Making use of Key Switching

Overture SE 3.6.1 can do it. That means Overture 3.6.1 can do it too. Just issue the KeySwitch in the Graphical Window. If you set it to show as a bar instead of a regular note, it's easily identifiable in the score.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge
    Overture SE 3.6.1 can do it. That means Overture 3.6.1 can do it too. Just issue the KeySwitch in the Graphical Window. If you set it to show as a bar instead of a regular note, it's easily identifiable in the score.
    Nickie,

That's good to know. Just a quick question: where did you come across this? I downloaded the 800 page pdf Overture manual, but never saw that ( ok, I didn't read all 800 pages... ).

Thanks for the informative posts (also about using the program with Sibelius). Much appreciated.

R. Pearl

You can also enter expressions for keyswitching.

The process in Overture 4 is similar:

http://www.lostandlonging.com/Overtu...Expression.htm

2.7 MB Flash Demo

I don't think I actually came across it anywhere. I just experimented some, and lo and behold: it worked

Thank you Nickie...I will give that a shot!

Go Back to forum