• Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Marriage and a mean mountain.

Share/Bookmark

Marriage and a mean mountain.

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Hey guys,

Just thought I'd let you all know that I am now engaged (she said "yes"). My trip to Washington was wonderful. I'll eventually post pictures somewhere. One highlight of the trip was that my old buddy who I did flight training with years ago took my fiance' and myself flying in his personal airplane. He even let my fiance' fly, since I haven't had the chance to rent an airplane and take her up yet myself.

We flew directly over Mt. St Helens, and got some WONDERFUL pictures of it smoking. We were less than 500 feet above it (in other words, pretty damn close...any closer and an engine failure would probably force us to land in the crater..no kidding) and circled around it quite a bit. Incredible! We then flew over downtown Seattle which was cool too. We did a lot more than that, and had incredible hikes in the Cascades also. I won't bore you guys anymore, but will try to find a way to post some pretty crazy pictures.

If you ever need a vacation, and a great place to write music, learn about anything, teach a few classes, etc., go here: www.holdenvillage.org It is for anybody, Christian or non Christian. And I can guarantee that you hippies out there will LOVE it. Bring your own meat though. They don't have anything against it, but they don't eat much of it. The way of life there is AWESOME! Total respect for the environment. Dan
    "They get what they vote for." PaulR

Re: Marriage and a mean mountain.

Congratulations, Danimal.

I've flown over Mt. St. H on the way back from backpacking/climbing in Sisters, OR a couple of times, and it's just amazing. That whole flight is, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Batzdorf
    Congratulations, Danimal.

I've flown over Mt. St. H on the way back from backpacking/climbing
    Don't forget "picking berries and grooming other monkeys".

Welcome back! A big congrats to you and your fiance!

The weather has been clear for the past couple of weeks, and I can see Mount Saint Helens puff smoke from the windows at work. (It's a hippie mountain.) Seeing it from a small plane must have been exhilarating.

So, how were the bugs? Hopefully the mosquitos were on vacation in British Columbia, and the hornets were too high on volcano ash to care about attacking you.

Give our best to the future Mrs. Danimal!

-JF

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    Welcome back! A big congrats to you and your fiance!
    Thank you! I hated coming back to this hell though. Let's see....mountains with crystal clear lakes and an ocean.... or...North Dakota? I pick the former.

The weather has been clear for the past couple of weeks, and I can see Mount Saint Helens puff smoke from the windows at work. (It's a hippie mountain.) Seeing it from a small plane must have been exhilarating.
    We had great weather every day for two weeks, from Yellowstone to Washington. I think we got rained on a little in Billings, MT, and it sprinkled for a few hours in Holden Village, but that was it. Wonderful weather!

So, how were the bugs? Hopefully the mosquitos were on vacation in British Columbia, and the hornets were too high on volcano ash to care about attacking you.
    The bugs were not as bad as I thought. I think we were lucky. Maybe because it was so dry. We didn't even have to use the mosquito head nets, and we didn't die with short sleeves and shorts. We used a little bit of spray before our 15 mile hike, and would only really get bit by flies when we stopped to rest or were wet. When you live in a state where the mosquito is the real state bird, other states' bugs don't seem so bad. I thought of you and your hornet/jumping in the lake story before we crossed a foot bridge made out of a log one day. Under the foot bridge was a huge wasp nest, but they didn't bother us. I remembered your advice though, so we were prepared. We did see a lot of animals. Buffalo, deer, bighorn sheep, and even a family of gorillas. One of the gorillas even sent me a magazine that was in my mailbox when I returned. I'm reading it now. It's quite good.

Give our best to the future Mrs. Danimal!
    Thanks. I will. Her sisters were teasing her about her future last name though. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernstinen
    Dan, you da Man!

Congrats,

Ern

Thanks.

Fiance huh?

I'll go to the foot of our stairs - never thought it was possible.

And another thing - young Dan and new fiance. Just a small issue here.

Based on your information - and recommendation in an earlier thread - and based on the fact that I don't have Sky television - because I won't contaminate this household with it - I went out and bought the first series of Deadwood on DVD, thinking it was normal western fare, of which I am extremely fond.

Problem: My mother is also keen on westerns and based on being away from here for a while, I let my 75 year dear old mater borrow the DVD's of Deadwood unseen by your truly.

On my return....

~~~~~~~~~ Hell!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR
    Problem: My mother is also keen on westerns and based on being away from here for a while, I let my 75 year dear old mater borrow the DVD's of Deadwood unseen by your truly.

F*c&ing OOOPPPS!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Danimal
    F*c&ing OOOPPPS!!!!!!!!!
    Yeah - F*c&ing OOOPS!

Give her some due though - she said that after one or two episodes, she'd given up on Calamity Jane singing the Deadwood Stage is a rollin' on over the Hill.

Anyway - there it is.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR
    Yeah - F*c&ing OOOPS!

Give her some due though - she said that after one or two episodes, she'd given up on Calamity Jane singing the Deadwood Stage is a rollin' on over the Hill.

Anyway - there it is.
    Driving 4000 miles in a few days recently through beautiful country was something...Doing it on horseback with Native Americans chasing you was something entirely different, I'm sure. I probably would have developed the habit of saying "co^^suc^er" back then too.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast