• Register
  • Help

Topic: Redmatica AutoSampler: Anything like this for the PC?

Share/Bookmark

Redmatica AutoSampler: Anything like this for the PC?

I'd like to sample some of the patches from my hardware synth so I can use them in the software world (for my own use and I own the synth so its legal). AutoSampler (www.redmatica.com) does this automatically and saves the patches as EXS libraries, but it's only available for the Mac. Does anyone know of the same type of software available for the PC?

Thanks!
    Michael

Re: Redmatica AutoSampler: Anything like this for the PC?

As far as I know, no. This has been asked a bunch of times at KVR and so far no one has posted an alternative.
    Zircon Studios - Original music for media, electronica, sound design, and synthesis.

Clonewar,

If possible, I would get access to someone's Mac and convert the files in EXS format. Then import them into your PC sampler of choice.

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aplanchard
    Clonewar,

If possible, I would get access to someone's Mac and convert the files in EXS format. Then import them into your PC sampler of choice.
    But you'd actually have to touch it and you might get cooties...

Cool Re: Redmatica AutoSampler: Anything like this for the PC?

yes for the PC there is Samplerobot at www.samplerobot.com. There is a demo for it which does not allow you to export its recording of your hardware and convert them to Soundfont2 ,VSampler,Halion and I think Reason NN-XT.I am seriously considering purchasing this for the purpose you mentioned but I would like to hear how well it actually works with converting your'e hardware sampler sounds first before plunking down the dough for it which is $320.00

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce A. Richardson

Ah, flag on the play -- 5 yards.

Thanks guys! Yes, SampleRobot looks to be exactly what I need.. but $329 does seem a little high (especially compared with AutoSampler which is 100 EURO).. I'll need to play with the demo first also.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce A. Richardson
    LOL! Or worse.. I might actually ENJOY using it. Yikes!!

Exclamation Re: Redmatica AutoSampler: Anything like this for the PC?

I also sent an e-mail to the main programmer of samplerobot to see if it would be possible for me to be able to export a file created with samplerobot so that I would be able to tell how well it actually works { the demo doesn't allow you to export] I understand why they don't for instance release a fully functional 15-day version of Samplerobot because people would just use the program for the 15 days and sample all their keyboards and not have to buy the program.However,there's no way to know how well it really works without being able to export a file created by samplerobot into Halion or VSampler to hear for yourself how well it does it job before you purchase the program.

Go Back to forum