• Register
  • Help

Topic: web designer needed

Share/Bookmark

web designer needed

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Hi.

I've finally resolved to put up a nice, simple "composer's" website for myself.
    (Nothing like being cutting edge...anyway...)

The site would be the standard 4-5 page thing (Home, Bio-credits, recent news, mp3 page, no video at this point),HTML, not Flash etc.

I would want to be able to modify, add, delete stuff myself one it is built and online.

I need someone with a good, visual, aesthetic sense as well as the technical know-how.

My budget is not large. Any recommendations? What should I reasonably expect to pay?

Thanks in advance.

John Z.

Re: web designer needed

Quote Originally Posted by jzuker
    Hi.

I've finally resolved to put up a nice, simple "composer's" website for myself.
    (Nothing like being cutting edge...anyway...)

The site would be the standard 4-5 page thing (Home, Bio-credits, recent news, mp3 page, no video at this point),HTML, not Flash etc.

I would want to be able to modify, add, delete stuff myself one it is built and online.

I need someone with a good, visual, aesthetic sense as well as the technical know-how.

My budget is not large. Any recommendations? What should I reasonably expect to pay?

Thanks in advance.

John Z.
    My advice would be to pay nothing and do it yourself. It really isn't all that hard. Just takes a few days to a couple weeks to learn.
    --
    Robert Gregory Browne
    KISS HER GOODBYE (now available)
    KILLER YEAR: Stories to Die For (Jan. 2008)
    WHISPER IN THE DARK (2008)
    St. Martin's Press
    http://www.robertgregorybrowne.com

Hey John,

Denise Young (DMY Studio) did our site, and she's great. www.VirtualInstrumentsMag.com is our site, and http://www.dmystudio.com/ is hers.

You'd have to ask her about prices.

Hey John, I wanted and needed that myself....so I made my own design in photoshop...my knowledge is zero. Take a look how the main page will be www.angelfire.com/film/score3

I can make the designs for you free. I would like a little help though now and then about computer music and things I don't know yet that maybe you do...
    Give me pictures and examples of what you want and I'll start right away.

Let me know and stay in touch
    composer@danworld.com

Quote Originally Posted by Audun_Jemtland
    From website: "All images and graphics are designed and created by the owner of this webpage"
    So you work for Tascam, Steinberg and VSL?

Talking Re: web designer needed

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Witkam
    So you work for Tascam, Steinberg and VSL?
    oops.... Hehe, no I don't work for them unfortunatly. I'm going to advertise a little bit. That copyright message is just bull**** right now. just to see how things will end up looking.
    I don't know much about html so the site is not finished yet, and not up and running.

Thanks alot, Nick. Yeah, your VI mag website is nice-simple, straight forward etc. I'll contact Denise.

Thanks for your offer Audun, I'll check out what you have up on angelfire.
    BTW, any help you need is always a post away on these forums. I know little compared to the many folks who congregate here. But I always have my two cents to add (thats about what my technical advice is worth these days.

JZ

John, I PM'd you. My girlfriend is a designer and might be able to help depending on how soon you need to get this done. Let me know if you're interested...

Matthew

Go Back to forum