• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Native support...

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs down Native support...

It's more than one week I'm asking for an additionnal registration (K2), several try, several mails, and no answer...lamentable...

Didier

Re: Native support...

If you're in the U.S. and have extra cell long-distance minutes, call them at 323 / 467-2693. I've found their telephone support to be helpful and rather than sit and stew, be noisy! (And let the telephone peeps know of your waiting for a response, too!)

my $0.02 ... KevinKauai

Kevin, thanks for your $0.02 ! but unfortunately, I'm in France...

I've found that if you have a very simple issue then they'll answer pretty quickly. But if your problem is difficult or (I suspect) they simply don;t know the answer then you'll just be ignored.

I haven't liked NI's attitude for several years now, I think the whole organization is very meanly run from some non-human accountant's office.

My issue was very simple. Moreover, I received my authorization yesterday...

I think NIs support lately has been pretty dang good. Timely and helpful (by email) I think if you've got a gnarly problem that's a showstopper, time really drags though.

$.02 for the record.
    Michael Telle
    Vagabond
    Bay Area

Exclamation Re: Native support...

In the thread on this issue of PARTICIPATION on the NI site (here: http://www.nativeinstruments.de/foru...ad.php?t=26915 ) there have been 28 replies to the original the thread (and remarkably, NI didn't close the thread nor "make is disappear" to their credit).

What is a little shocking about that thread, though, is that just about exactly ONE WEEK transpired between the first posting (with the semi-inflammatory topic of "NI don't you read this?") and the ONLY response from an "official" person. His answer was 24th in the list (and he amended the topic to "NI don't you read this? - [yes we do but...]"). Others in that thread have mentioned "going through the process" (of posting a written query for someone to answer in the "Support" area). Frankly, I haven't found that to be very satisfactory as I believe that I have posted two questions which have just gone totally UNANSWERED. No response, nada, zip, zilch!

Now, having ooddles of spare cell telephone minutes, I just grab the fone and call their (toll) number in the L.A. area. I've found their support personnel there to be quite helpful and knowledgable and until they refuse to take my calls, that's the route I'm going for things.

just my $0.02 ... KevinKauai

Kevin, I'm having a hard time getting a hold of NI. The number you post is for cell only or ? Sorry, sounds specific.
    Thanks.
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Didou
    Kevin, thanks for your $0.02 ! but unfortunately, I'm in France...
    So call them in Germany if the US is too long a distance.
    NI are very helpful over the phone.
    Make your life simple!
    B
    http://www.marktschanz.com

Now they've posted a toll-free number: 1-866-556-6487

Try that.

good luck ... KevinKauai

Go Back to forum