• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: what is GOP advanced

Share/Bookmark

what is GOP advanced

Im planning on getting gop soon and have read about an advanced version, is this just a upgrade and will it be a free upgrade, just wondering if I should wait a few weeks to purchase jeff

Re: what is GOP advanced

Hi, Jeff.

Of course, I can't speak for Gary, but my understanding is that Advanced is a separate product, not a GPO upgrade. However, he has a history of being extremely generous in his policies, so if you go with GPO now, I feel sure that as a registered owner you'll get a special price on Advanced that won't penalize you for buying GPO first. The hallmark of Gary's business is how well he treats his customers.
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff4h
    Im planning on getting gop soon and have read about an advanced version, is this just a upgrade and will it be a free upgrade, just wondering if I should wait a few weeks to purchase jeff
    Christopher beat me to it
    GPOA is a seriously enlarged advanced version of the GPO.
    GPOA is expected to have a special upgrade price from GPO.
    GPOA is going to be available hopefully late this year.
    GPOA is going to be awesome!
    GPOA is definately worth waiting for, but if you don't have GPO yet, I would buy it now and use the special registered user's upgrade price, that way you can get started using GPO NOW!

dpDan

To elaborate, GPOA will supposedly include more instruments (newer/better versions of the standard instruments, plus brand new instruments, including concert saxes, euphonium, etc.)

It will also include many more articulations and playing options for most instruments. (Including string harmonics, col legno [i hope], bartok pizz, etc).

It will include an updated version of Garritan Orchestral Strings, as well as SAM brass instruments, which are amazing.

The OFFICIAL name will be El Guapo.

chris.

Why do we have to wait? I want it now!

Hi there,

I don't know the meaning of "col legno" but read about it several times. Is this to "beat" the strings with the bow? How does it sounds?

You tap the string with the bow stick. It yields a clicking pitched sound.

The opening of Holst's The Planets, Mars is a great example of col legno playing.

-JF

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge
    You tap the string with the bow stick. It yields a clicking pitched sound.
    I used to tap the bass player in the head with a drum stick. Does it produce the same sound?
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    The opening of Holst's The Planets, Mars is a great example of col legno playing.

-JF

Also, last movement of Berlioz's Symphonie Fantastique - probably the first time it was used.

R. Pearl

Go Back to forum