• Register
  • Help

Topic: Finale 2006 and Finale GPO - Can't Register Online

Share/Bookmark

Finale 2006 and Finale GPO - Can't Register Online

I just bought Finale 2006. In it is the Finale GPO product, which must be registered and an authorization key obtained from you. I went through the tool to do an online registration.

I am an experienced user with an always-on broadband connection. I was connected to the internet and disabled all pop-up blocking and firewall software. When I clicked on the registration tool to register online I got the cryptic message "Cannot open browser". This happens whether I had a browser open or not. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no effect.

I run IE 6 under WIn XP SP2.

I then tried to go to the Native Instruments support page on the Internet - and was told I cannot submit a ticket without a login ID, which I can only get if I register the product (which I can't register)!

Catch 22.

This is aggravating at best. I can't register online because the registration tool appears to be broken, and I can't reach tech support without a registration. Yes, I can call you but I am at the office and cannot stay at home to call while at my computer.

This is not a Finale problem - it appears to be the NI registration tool.

Has anyone seen this and if so, is there a workaround?

Re: Finale 2006 and Finale GPO - Can't Register Online

Try this:

The registration tool for Finale GPO is located in~START>>(ALL) PROGRAMS>>NATIVE INSTRUMENTS FINALE GPO>>FINALE GPO REGISTRATION TOOL.~

Follow the on-screen instructions.~ If you do the online registration, you will be directed to Native Instrument's website and prompted to either login or create and account.~ Contact~MakeMusic technical support first if you need help with this process at 952-937-9703.

Good Luck,
    Jeff

Nope. That is the tool that gives me the message "Cannot open browser", so I can't do any of the steps you describe.

Then now would be the time to call tech support.
    I think they open at 11:00 AM CST.

JT

Go Back to forum