• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: NineVoltAudio.com: free groove downloads

Share/Bookmark

NineVoltAudio.com: free groove downloads

Howdy All!
    I'm semi-new to NorthenSounds, but in my few months of checking it out I've seen that there's a cool community of musicians here, and a ton of great info and advice.

I'm a new advertiser on the site, so I just wanted to take a moment to let everyone know about us and some free Stylus RMX groove sets, Reason Refills and wav downloads.

There are 50+ grooves/loops available. They are royalty free demos of our loop collections: Downtempo Guitars Vol 1 & 2 and Chopped Guitars, and our freebie collections: Textural Guitars. Please use and abuse them as you see fit!

My goal with these loop collections is to offer cool guitar parts that sink right into electronic music.

I hope you check it out and enjoy.
    Let me know if you have any questions!

Sincerely,
    Kyle

www.NineVoltAudio.com

Re: NineVoltAudio.com: free groove downloads

Thanks, these are most useful!

I'm going to try textural guitars right now for Stylus RMX.

Hey Kyle...welcome to NS!

I've been enjoying your stuff for RMX...you are certainly the first ever case of a third party sound developer for Spectrasonics virtual instruments (!), so it's very cool and a nice surprise to see what you've been doing. Your approach is really unique and the fact that you present your collections already converted to RMX format is really cool indeed. :-)

Your approach is legally OK too...it's very good that you aren't calling your collections "SAGE Xpanders™", since that's a trademarked term and one that we reserve exclusively for official Groove Control® activated Expansion Libraries. The term "Stylus RMX format" is fine, and helps everyone understand the difference between a converted REX library like you've done and an official Groove Control® product.

Keep up the good work! Looking forward to what you come up with next! :-)

Thanks for the support and all the best,

spectrum
    (aka: EP from Spectrasonics)

Thank you for your kind words, Eric.

I bow down in reverence :-)

Yes, I do want everyone to recognize that the RMX formats we offer on our loop collections are not SAGE Xpanders.

In short, if you're a user of Stylus RMX, our collections are just trying to get you one step closer to your inspiration point by having already made the REX conversions and file organizations ready to go for RMX.

Thanks again!

Sincerely,
    Kyle
    www.NineVoltAudio.com

Kyle,

Thanks for bringing up a product which I hope will start a new trend. I love Stylus RMX but I wish that someone would take advantage of its capabilities for tonal phrases and not just grooves. Enter 9v you guys are doing something that I've been contamplating doing for my own private collection but just haven't had the time.

I'll be buying your products very soon, I think they are reasonably priced and exactly what I might be needing in the very near future.

Lastly, may I suggest some new ideas:

Acoustic guitar grooves similar to Fingerstyles

Bass grooves similar to Bass Legends

Hardcore metal grooves similar to Nu Metal.

All, of course in Stylus RMX format or at the very least an easy to import REX format.

Many thanks!
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

KYLE --

These sound GREAT... !

One question:
    Do the Chopped and Downtempo guitar sets have each groove in several keys? For instance, when you say, "400 loops" or "450 loops" -- do you mean distinct loops? Or does that mean "100 loops, each presented in 4 keys"? Do you see my meaning?

I think your loops sound fantastic in RMX, I have just had about 45 minutes of incredible fun mixing and throwing those things thru the RMX effects, changing tempos to extremes, pitch-shifting them -- giving them a real workout, in other words... I'm VERY impressed.

I haven't ordered yet -- waiting for you to answer my question above -- but I already can't wait for you to do MORE, dude!

Well, I downloaded the demo files, found myself staying up until now (1:30 am) having a blast with them....and placed my order with you guys about 30 seconds ago.

Please make more! I just wish I had these two months ago, they would have been perfect for this movie I just finished.

Tomorrow I'll post the piece I did tonight....hopefully it doesn't suck because it's late and I'm very tired!
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

One question:
    Do the Chopped and Downtempo guitar sets have each groove in several keys? For instance, when you say, "400 loops" or "450 loops" -- do you mean distinct loops? Or does that mean "100 loops, each presented in 4 keys"? Do you see my meaning?

Hi TokyoTrain,
    I'm glad you enjoy the sounds! Thank you.
    Here's a breakdown of how the numbers add up:

Downtempo Guitars Vol 2 offers every loop in a clean version, and effected in two different ways. Within each BPM range there are a variety of "loop Families". For the most part, each family has the loop presented in two different keys (or the I and IV chord). Some loop families contain loops with variations of the theme. There are 48 loop families in this collection, and then there's a large "toolbox" section of guitar loops that offer some short chord passages (which sound really cool when used with RMX's chaos function).

Chopped Guitars: there are 99 loop famailies. Because of the way it was designed and edited, no clean/un-effected loops are offered. Some of the loop families are offered with two different effected verions, but many with just one. And it's mixed as to the variety offered in each family: some have just variations on a theme, and some have the loops in a few keys (again, usually the I and IV chord).

I hope that's not too winded of an explanation!
    Let me know if I can shed anymore light on it.
    If you email me directly, I can send screen shots of the contents of a few folders.
    Might help to have a visual.
    Thanks!
    By the way... not sure why this is all bold type. I promise I'm not yelling!

Sincerely,
    Kyle
    www.NineVoltAudio.com
    info@ninevoltaudio.com

That's not a long-winded explanation -- it's EXACTLY what I wanted to know!!

I will try to place my order now -- THANKS.

Let me say one more thing for now:

I just placed my order for two sets from you (Downtempo #2 and Chopped) -- and I didn't hesitate to order because I was TERRIBLY inspired by the loops you are giving away. I'm sorry to admit that I'm suspicious whether the full collections can continue to be as inspiring -- have I already heard all the good stuff? ha ha...

But seriously -- if the full collection is really "more of the same", then I will be in Heaven!!

I have spent almost 2 hours today playing with those loops... I wrote THREE SONGS (well, PARTS of three songs ), and I *assume* these freebies are just a sampling of what I'm gonna have when I get the discs from you.

Anyway, I'm not trying to be melodramatic at ALL -- but dude, you have GOT to make more material!! You are obviously incredibly talented, and you have given me an entire afternoon of fun, playing with those loops in RMX.

PLEASE -- more like that Chopped Guitar set in particular. I can imagine so many uses for those kinds of loops in RMX -- but we just need MORE. And your PRICE is right, too -- it makes it "easy" to buy at that price...

So make MORE, Kyle -- we'll buy it!

Go Back to forum