• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Incredible "Song Without Form" by Cantible

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up Incredible "Song Without Form" by Cantible

Cantible has sent in this original work: "Song Without Form".

http://www.garritan.com/mp3/nd-SongsWithoutForm2.mp3

This is a very stunning piece with energy, vitality and lots of surprises. I like how Cantbile shifts directions in his themes.

An astounding work and I urge you all to listen and enjoy.

Gary Garritan

Re: Incredible "Song Without Form" by Cantible

OH MY, this is really incredible. What Power! and yet what sensitivity.

Waaaaaaay Coooooooool!!!!

Karl

Thanks Gary for GPO

Just want to note, this is a sorta "what the heck" piece. I decided to say, scrap all rules of form, development, ect ect,and mix styles or whatever and not worry about any conformity. Anything goes, hence the conflicting parts... Secondly I limited myself to only piano/strings and too much percussion lol

All I can say is fantastic!!!

I love the bassy type rolls in the timpani etc.

Great music. It inspires one to write something after hearing it.
    Thank you for letting us hear this.

Quite pleasing.

- m
    Free MFX and other plugins: http://www.TenCrazy.com/
    Markleford's music: http://www.markleford.com/music/

Quote Originally Posted by Cantabile
    Anything goes, hence the conflicting parts...
    This is extremely interesting. I wouldn't call the parts "conflicting," I would call them "episodic." I love episodic. Most of the time I prefer it to formal structure and form because it increases the sense of surprise. And there are some lovely surprises in this piece. I called my wife (her degree is in music) into the studio to hear this one. When it reached the gorgeous interlude from :31 to 1:00 she said "Oooh" aloud. I would very much like to hear a considerably more extended version of this (so would my wife!)

Tom

Many interesting ideas here. Episodic, yes - but not disjointed. Definetly worth pursuing.

WOW!! This is extremely awesome! I love it! Fantastic job, I found myself smiling all the way through. Incredible work!! It has a power to it.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hopkins
    This is extremely interesting. I wouldn't call the parts "conflicting," I would call them "episodic." I love episodic. Most of the time I prefer it to formal structure and form because it increases the sense of surprise. And there are some lovely surprises in this piece. I called my wife (her degree is in music) into the studio to hear this one. When it reached the gorgeous interlude from :31 to 1:00 she said "Oooh" aloud. I would very much like to hear a considerably more extended version of this (so would my wife!)

Tom
    I guess I meant conflicting in exactly the way you mentioned. At first it is sorta reminiscent of a Romantic period piano Concerto and normal expectation would make one expect this trend to continue. I didnt want this expectation.

Develop further? I'm not so sure on that as I felt the need to leave it as is and leave it in the "dark" so to speak where one might say "thats the end??".

Thanks all for the comments. Very kind group here with the GPO community.

Smile Re: Incredible "Song Without Form" by Cantible

Quote Originally Posted by Cantabile
    I guess I meant conflicting in exactly the way you mentioned. At first it is sorta reminiscent of a Romantic period piano Concerto and normal expectation would make one expect this trend to continue. I didnt want this expectation.

Develop further? I'm not so sure on that as I felt the need to leave it as is and leave it in the "dark" so to speak where one might say "thats the end??".

Thanks all for the comments. Very kind group here with the GPO community.
    Well it has a form structure! The form is A-B-A-CODA, so you see that this is not without a form but with a form.

Anyway, nice piece!
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

Go Back to forum