• Register
  • Help

Topic: Mozart Concerto for Flute - by Mark Strozier

Share/Bookmark

Mozart Concerto for Flute - by Mark Strozier

Mark Strozier has realized the Mozart Concerto for Flute in G (K.313). The strings were worked by Robin Prinzing, violinist and Computer Programmer using the GPO string patches. The Flute part is performed by Mark Strozier.

http://www.garritan.com/mp3/MozartConcertoGStrozier.wma

This is an outstanding work and shows what can be done in the hands of incredible musicians.

Comments welcome.

Thanks for sending this Mark.

Gary Garritan

PS: Can someone convert this to mp3?

Re: Mozart Concerto for Flute - by Mark Strozier

That's amazing. It confirms my thinking that programming with GPO for a particular instrument is much more effective if you actually play it. You would be constantly evaluating every nuance of GPO from your own experience of what it sounds on your instrument.
    This has to be some of the most realistic use of strings I have heard using GPO.
    It would be great to see mod wheel messages, velocity messages etc from the midi score. Do you think they would be interested in having the midi file posted on the forum Gary? You could then open it up in Overture and have a careful scrutiny of how this is done.

Thank you Gary, Mark and Robin for this.

That is cool!

Dan

Thumbs up Re: Mozart Concerto for Flute - by Mark Strozier

PS: Can someone convert this to mp3?
    Hi Gary, I converted this to mp3 using Sound Forge 8. It's too big to e-mail so I put it up on my web-site www.jeslipa.com go to the download page, its the last file down.(right click and click open link to listen or download)
    Don't look at me for help, I'm a Guitar Player.

This is fantastic. I think the orchestral part is brilliantly done. The performance is also very enjoyable. My only comment would be that the flute seems not balance with the orchestra, too close....I think.

Thanks Garry for posting this.

Kind Regards

LouisD

Great programming on the accompaniment! Beautiful blend with the flute and strings. Incredible!

Brasspig
    Donald W. Sorah
    Doctoral Teaching Assistant
    Florida State University
    Tallahassee, FL

Quote Originally Posted by steve martin
    It confirms my thinking that programming with GPO for a particular instrument is much more effective if you actually play it.
    My thoughts exactly. One of the most effective uses of the GPO strings that I have heard. Expert flute playing too.

Tom

John L:

A big thank you for converting the wma to Mp3. And, it was only 11 MB. WOW, without DSL a few months ago, this could have taken me 1/2 hour to download instead of 45 seconds. Thanks again.

Steve Main:

I'm with you on the score and how the strings were assigned CC1, etc., and also what were used when. This download, if possible, could be a mega teaching tool for scoring strings with GPO.

Mark:

Is this possible--to make a .pdf file or something where we could input it into our notation/sequencer programs to see the wizardry of your wonderful undertaking?

Jack Cannon
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Go Back to forum