• Register
  • Help

Topic: This can't be right: NO MORE MIXER CHANNELS

Share/Bookmark

This can't be right: NO MORE MIXER CHANNELS

I use Cubase VST 5.1/5.2. Cubase 5 has 8 VSTi slots and I was able to load 5-6 instances of GPO in the past. Now I am opening my old songs, and when opening the 4th GPO I am getting the 'no more mixer channels' message.

I am aware that Cubasis and Cubase have an upper limit of mixer channels, but my limit on Cubase has never been 48 (4 x 12) before. Any ideas/suggestions as to what could have happened?

I installed a few VSTi plugins (I am not aware that any are REWIRE clients) and have added a MOTU audio interface today but the problem persists when using my Audiophile or Creative cards' drivers.

Re: This can't be right: NO MORE MIXER CHANNELS

OK answering my own thread here - I think it is some plug-ins that are re-wire after all - I just removed a Melodyne demo [which I'd never even used] and my track count has gone up from 48 to 64. I think I'll just keep uninstalling plugins until I get back to where I was.

...thread closed but here is what happened in case anyone else runs up against this!

I removed Melodyne demo (no tears there) (channel count went from 48 to 64)
    I removed Acid (sob) (channel count when from 64 to 80)
    I removed FruityLoops Studio (sob sob sob sob sob wail) (channel count went from 80 to 112 so I can now get 7 GPOs back up and running).

Quite why Acid has to burn my cubase tracks - it isn't even available in the VST list. The above apps are all 'rewire' clients. I didn't know they were until I opened Sonar and saw them under the rewire list.

OK I've discovered I can install FL Studio without the 'rewire' bit. The evening is less depressing now.

Quote Originally Posted by L0W
    OK I've discovered I can install FL Studio without the 'rewire' bit. The evening is less depressing now.
    Glad we could help...

Go Back to forum