• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Gregorian Chant

Share/Bookmark

Question Gregorian Chant

Hi mates. Do you know any library with monks singing gregorian which is not Simphony of Voices? I have a job where I need this kind of voices. I am thinking to buy EWQLSC, but I don't know if it is possible to mock up gregorian with this lib. Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Eduardo Tarilonte |Sample Library Developer
    SampleLibraries |MyWeb

Re: Gregorian Chant

Not EWQLSQ.

Besides Symphony of Voices, I can't think of anything. That's a tough one!

Another option if you get stuck would be to hire a singer who's fairly versatile. It's surprising sometimes what styles some of these folks can fake. Then maybe do a formant shift down a step or so to get the voice to sound right.

- Mike Greene

Tari take the boys of Giovani and pitch them down - you will flip

I have Gregorian via Phantom Voice but I would not be able to get you the files in time... I would advance you if I could.
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Greene
    Not EWQLSQ.

Besides Symphony of Voices, I can't think of anything. That's a tough one!

Another option if you get stuck would be to hire a singer who's fairly versatile. It's surprising sometimes what styles some of these folks can fake. Then maybe do a formant shift down a step or so to get the voice to sound right.

- Mike Greene
    Hi Mike
    Is not bad idea to hire a singer, but I am not used to record, I love working with machines, so I would prefer a good library. Anyway I will try to look for a versatile singer and using a harmonizer like clone ensemble.
    Thanks!
    SampleLibraries |MyWeb

Quote Originally Posted by Bela D Media
    Tari take the boys of Giovani and pitch them down - you will flip

I have Gregorian via Phantom Voice but I would not be able to get you the files in time... I would advance you if I could.
    Hehe...I will try The first thing I thought was: I would like to have a gregorian library like GIO, I have to tell this to Francis. The white voices for the job are very well with GIO, because it is a warm music, very spiritual. I do not get tired of saying that GIO is a must for every midi mock up composer.
    I didn't know that Phantom had something like gregorian, what a great surprise, because apart of this job, I love gregorian chant. In my region there is a monastery with one of the best singer gregorian monks. Is the monastery from Silos.
    I will try to do this with SOV (a lot of phrases and no legato, which is very important for gregorian chant) while I wait for Phantom
    Thanks
    SampleLibraries |MyWeb

Hi Tari,

you can also check "Hallelujah" from Bestservice: http://www.bestservice.de/search.asp...7a81p235p29p47

It's pretty old and not as comprehensive as more recent choir libs. Still, there's some usefull stuff: apart from Gregorian, a sweet sounding ladies ooh aah studio backround choir...

if you have keyboard by Roland that takes the Svj cards, then get voices. It has excelent Gegorian Chants on it. Other then that yea GIO Rocks.
    All I can Say is...HA!...HA!...HAAAAAAA!!!!!

Thanks guys! Glad you are enjoying the library.
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Talking Re: Gregorian Chant

Quote Originally Posted by Bela D Media
    Thanks guys! Glad you are enjoying the library.
    Hey! Not every1
    Where's the Halion version ?

Quote Originally Posted by lukpcn
    Hey! Not every1
    Where's the Halion version ?

or the giga?

Go Back to forum