Share/Bookmark

Question MOTU's MachFive Poll

Are you are user of MachFive?

Yes.
    No.

You are on Mac or PC?
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Re: MOTU's MachFive Poll

Yes! And I love the program. Where is Version 2?

Peace

rp

I was speaking with MOTU a day back - version 2 is coming and its going to be very cool!
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Yes, Mac version.

Yes here too (Mac). Love it to bits! I also have, and love, Kontakt 1 & 2. The filters are very different in both systems, and they each have their uses (I generally find MachFive "warmer" sounding, and Kontakt more "aggresive"). Also, if I am building a program from scratch, which is ultimately destined for Kontakt, I will still do the initial building in MachFive, because of its excellent sample processing, and its crossfade options are much more powerful than in Kontakt (while remaining very easy to use).I then manually import those samples into Kontakt. I too am anxious to see what MachFive v2 will bring (but I'd be surprised if it offered anything to compete with Konakt 2's Scripting).

Yes, Mac. Because of the lack of libraries made for this format, I'm adding Kontakt 2 for use with all future libraries and using MachFive for the older libs and sound design, which it's great for. I've never had a library convert 100% correctly, but it does a pretty good job overall.
    Also Frank, let me take this opportunity to publicly thank you for comping me a Kontakt version of some of your titles, when I had some probs with the Giga version. Great service!!

I'm sure it's a good sampler, but why anyone would want to re-create the ugly, small, hard to read LCD displays that we had to put up with for years is beyond me.

No

Most people responding to this thread will be MachFive users, so someone has to bring the balance back a bit

No....and I'm on a PC.

Yes! Absolutely love it, simulated LCD and all - it's nice to see everything at once on one panel, although it would at times be good to be able to scale it all up to avoid eyestrain when at the keys - but i understand that that's on the improvement list for v2.0, as is multipatch layering and possibly round-robin/GS3 types of capabilities. Importing with UViX has been by and large not much effort considering the payback in sound availability. I've bought instruments (NI, EWQL, dfhs) that use other engines, but as my mainstay & Swiss army knife, i'm a fan of MachFive. The platform: Mac.

Go Back to forum