• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GPO NOMINATED FOR TEC AWARD!

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up GPO NOMINATED FOR TEC AWARD!

Garritan Libraries is pleased to announce that Garritan Personal Orchestra has been recognized with a nomination for a Technical Excellence & Creativity (TEC) Award for “Outstanding Technical Achievement" in the Musical Instrument Technology category.

TEC Awards nominations are made by a panel of industry professionals. GPO was the only sample library to be nominated this year. We are in good company with the other nominees in the category which include: Tascam Gigastudio 3, E-mu Emulator, MOTU MX4, Roland V-Pro TD-20S V-Drums and Line 6 VariAx Acoustic 700.

The 21st Annual TEC Awards Ceremony will be held on Saturday, October 8 in New York City during the annual convention of the Audio Engineering Society. We'll be exhibiting there and and hope to see many of you NS members at AES!

Other awards and nominations GPO has received in the past year include the EQ Exceptional Quality Award, a MIPA (Musikmesse International Press Award) nomination. the Game Developers Magazine Front Line Awards, The Nat. Assoc. of Independent Feature Film Producers Recommendation Distinction, Computer Music Value Award, Computer Music Performance Award, Tools4Music Value Award and Tools4Music Performance Award (as well as winner of the orchestral shootout). GPO has also received accolades among the music press and has been recognized for the innovations it has introduced.

Much of the credit goes to Tom Hopkins, Jeff Hurchalla, David Viens and others who provided the technical acheivements that made this nomination possible.

Thanks to the sponsorship of Mix Magazine and the support of numerous sponsors, the TEC Awards is able to contribute thousands of dollars each year to worthy causes including supporting hearing conservation as well as funding scholarships for future audio professionals.

We are very honored that GPO has been recognized with this nomination. Thanks to the support of GPO users worldwide for their enthusiastic support and contributions.

Gary Garritan

Re: GPO NOMINATED FOR TEC AWARD!

Congratulations. It's well earned.

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    The 21st Annual TEC Awards Ceremony will be held on Saturday, October 8 in New York City during the annual convention of the Audio Engineering Society. We'll be exhibiting there and and hope to see many of you NS members at AES!
    Wow! Gary, that is only 1-1/2 hours away from us.

The date is also right after Joani's birthday. It's been a couple of years since we've been to New York. Maybe we can combine a little birthday with a little GPO cellebration.

Congratulations and best of luck to go all the way.

Karl

Thumbs up Re: GPO NOMINATED FOR TEC AWARD!

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHH! Thanks for sharing this outstanding news Mr. G! NYC HUH? UH OH!!!!!!!!
    Styxx

Hey! I'm 1-1/2 hours away too!!! Where is Langhorne, PA anyway?

Oh yeah!
    CONTGRATS TO GARY AND TOM AND JEFF AND DAVID AND WHOEVER ELSE!!!!

-Chris

Congratulations! Win or lose, it's an honor to be nominated. Hey, you already won us over, and we paid!

Seriously, this is a fantastic product. If being nominated for, or winning, an award helps with your future plans and projects, so much the better.

All the best.

R. Pearl

Hi Chris,

Where your town is kind of northwest of NY, We are southwest. Langhorne is about 30 miles north of Philadelphia, in historic Bucks County PA. When I was growing up, it was all rural, but now it is all suburbs. It's still a nice place to live though.

Karl

Gary, congratulations on this nomination!
    You and your company deserve it!

I have never been to the New York area.
    For me, going to this show is right up my alley, AES (Audio Engineering Society) MOTU will be there and a gob of other companies I would like to check out.

Hmmmmm, now to make plans for New York New York.
    Start spreadin' the news!

dp

Tom, Gary et al,

My heartiest congratulations to you all on this achievement recognition. I'm sure there will be more to come.

Frank

Congratulations, Gary, Tom and everyone else involved. You deserve it!
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Go Back to forum