• Register
  • Help

Topic: is instrument tuning possible on upgraded player?

Share/Bookmark

is instrument tuning possible on upgraded player?

In putting orchestral backing to old vocal tracks, sometimes the originals recordings weren't in perfect tune. So what I used to do was use the TUNE knob on my GPO Player to fine tune the GPO orchestra to the vocal. However, I am no longer able to do this, the Tuning knob will only accept increments of a semi-tone. Even when I load up an old song, where the tuning is set at eg -0.48, if I touch the knob, or type a new decimal value in, then it sets itself at increments of exactly a semitone. Obviously I could speed up or slow down the vocals, or perform digital pitch correction, but I am wondering if what I am trying to do is no longer possible on the upgraded player, or whether I am missing something.

Re: is instrument tuning possible on upgraded player?

LOW,

If you hold down the "shift" button on your computer keyboard while you move the knob you will get fractional value changes. Without the shift button you get semitones.

Tom

Re: is instrument tuning possible on upgraded player?

That's great thanks Tom for your very quick response. What you suggested - it does indeed work! Perhaps I was doing that before (hence my decimal settings) then forgot how to do it in the intervening months?!

Go Back to forum