• Register
  • Help

Topic: Pelotonin: Trybutte to Ma Nour de France

Share/Bookmark

Pelotonin: Trybutte to Ma Nour de France

Have you ever wondered what it feels like to have to go to the toilet in the middle of a bicycle race? Take a peep to find out:

(Warning, modernish ...)

Pelotonin: Trybutte to Ma Nour de France
    http://www.wusik.com/song.php?id=832

My modernish travels continue, some may recognize the method. The piece was composed explicitly for a whole bunch of GPO Kontakt Player woodwind and brass instruments. But I need more (GPOA please!) as only about half had ensemble instruments available to help reduce the machine gun effects (I as too lazy to apply work arounds). Multiple SIR instances using the free 350seat set from noisevault.com

I originally composed this piece as a tribute to the riders of the peloton in the recently completed Le Tour de France bicycle race, which was recently won for the incredible 7th consecutive time by cancer survivor Lance Armstrong.

But now I am wondering if I should rededicate the piece to the NAMM round table survivors (i.e., how does it feel to have to use the toilet in the middle of NAMM ...?)

I'd say enjoy, but I just know where this piece will end up ...

(naming convention in yawnor of Styxx).

YBaCuO

Cool Re: Pelotonin: Trybutte to Ma Nour de France

You have a quite crazy attitude...

A strange event is that people is more intersted in modern music if you reveal the key and some structure details...

Would you like to tell us more of your method?

Re: Pelotonin: Trybutte to Ma Nour de France

Wow! Kind of made me feel like I was attending a tea party in a beehive and someone slipped a mickey in my cup 'cause midway through, I couldn't stand up! This doesn't sound atonal, though. What is your method?
    Cheers!
    Paula

Remember to Play www.thepunkduck.com

Whatever your method is, this is very original and very good. Thanks for posting.
    Never look at the trombones. It only encourages them. Richard Strauss

My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri
    The History of Studebaker

I like the sense of headlong energy in this piece,I also likes the folklorish themes @1.06.The ending is a little surprising.
    regards

Hi,

This has got to be one of the most original pieces I've ever heard

Some very interesting effects in there, particularly with the woodwinds. I really enjoyed it. I love that ending!

Thanks for sharing,

Ryan

[QUOTE=YBaCuO

I'd say enjoy, but I just know where this piece will end up ...

YBaCuO[/QUOTE]

Well, it ended up on one of my hard drives, thence to a wav editor. I am pondering on the matter of method. I no longer have any access to the music lab at Stanford, which is a pity. There, it could have been analyzed in more detail. I don't know if you would want me to publicize my thoughts, which might (or also might not) be close to the mark, as you may wish to keep your secrets. So I will send you some thoughts privately.

Richard

Go Back to forum