• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: "Triblo"

Share/Bookmark

"Triblo"

Here's my second effort with GPO, entitled Triblo.

Triblo

It's an action/adventure type thing, gets kinda noisy and crashy. Might induce headaches... sorry,

Hope you like it!

Ryan

Re: "Triblo"

Some great stuff here Ryan. Call me un-heroic if you like, but I actually preferred the Love-Interest music @ 2.39.Some deft orchestration here with the w/wind and strings and some nice modulations.
    It sounds like you are really getting to grips with GPO.
    I look forward to your 3rd effort.
    Bye the way what is a Triblo?
    regards

Thanks Joaz!

Quote Originally Posted by joaz
    Bye the way what is a Triblo?
    Ha ha... actually Triblo is a character in a science fiction/adventure story one of my friends was working on. I used this as inspiration and wrote some music based on events in that story.

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by composer24
    Thanks Joaz!

Ha ha... actually Triblo is a character in a science fiction/adventure story one of my friends was working on. I used this as inspiration and wrote some music based on events in that story.

Ryan
    I've got to go with Joaz on this one - very good heroic music, but the soft, second idea is the one that struck me. Very nicely scored and harmonized - quite touching.

R. Pearl

Hi Ryan

I enjoyed the slower ending section as well . Very melodic, with a sense of character..., nicely layered overlaps.
    very Nice indeed!

Thumbs up Re: "Triblo"

Hi Ryan,

you are working very well. A technical suggestion is to explore the wide range of combinations coming from attack velocity and modulation (cc#1) interaction. It can refine and make more real strings.

Congratulation for the sense of action,

Hey all,

Thanks for the comments!

Hi Fabio, thanks for the tip. Yeah, the strings could use more expression. I put a lot of time into writing the music, but I rush it when it comes to sequencing because I'm so anxious to hear what it actually sounds like! Next time I'm gonna pay more attention and actually use some cc1

Ryan

This is great fun! I think your orchestration techniques are quite advanced for a newbie. Are you sure you haven't been working with GPO for years? Seriously, I really enjoyed your handling of the various themes presented. I think the piece flows well and evokes the response from the listener that you are looking for in this kind of piece. Good work! I am enjoying your submissions and look forward to hearing more.
    Cheers!
    Paula

Remember to Play www.thepunkduck.com

Superb. Great orchestration and a very good performance. The reverb was also good - what did you use?

The repeated notes are always problematic, while that's mainly for Uncle Tom to address in GPOA, a little more velocity variation does help. Another trick is to split the repeated notes among different tracks with different instances and use a combo of mistuning/transpose (to in effect playback from a different sample) or to reprogram in K2 (like the recent thread (Gold) about the solution to the machine gun effect) but who has time for that.

Also, for slow, melodic passages for strings - put a little cc#1 hill on the notes and shift the peak toward (away from) the next note if it goes up (down) in pitch. The result will be smoother note transitions.

But really, I thought the performance was excellent.

Thanks for your comments YBaCuO!

The reverb was Garritan Ambience concert hall 1.

Ryan

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast