• Register
  • Help

Topic: Can I sell Sample Libraries?

Share/Bookmark

Can I sell Sample Libraries?

Hello,

I may be redirecting my business so I might not have a need for My sample libraries:

EWQLSO Gold
    Atmoshpere
    DFH Superior
    Bosendorfer 290

Is it legal to sell these libraries?

Thanks

Re: Can I sell Sample Libraries?

It depends on the license agreement. Some manufacturers let you sell them (aka transfer the rights), others do not. You will have to read the agreement scrupulously or contact the individual manufcaturers to get a definitive answer. Be warned; in some cases, you will need to pay a license transfer fee.
    Zircon Studios - Original music for media, electronica, sound design, and synthesis.

Thanks.

I called Sounds online and they said I can not sell them.

So I guess one better be sure these sound libraries are going to help your career or it is a big loss.

K-v-R has a pretty active board for reselling software. In general, it seems that pure sample libraries can not be resold, but those that come bundled with players often can. But maybe East/West is more rigid in the regard, even if they bundle a player with their sample library.

I believe Spectrasonis allows reselling, but with a steep ($50.00, I believe) transfer fee. In addition, I think the transferee does not get access to discounted upgrades.

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassman2003
    Thanks.

I called Sounds online and they said I can not sell them.

So I guess one better be sure these sound libraries are going to help your career or it is a big loss.
    No offence to sounds online. They've probably just said no as a general thing, but I know for sure that you CAN Atmosphere. EWQLSO Gold you can't on the other hand.
    The other 2 I don't know about. You better check with the developers.

Go Back to forum