• Register
  • Help

Topic: Thank You, J.B.

Share/Bookmark

Thank You, J.B.

Well, I just finished a piece for flute and piano. But the flute legato was the pits. So I searched and found your solution. It works quite well, and I am pleased with the results. In a day or two, it will be up on the Demos & Midi page and you can see the results if you are so inclined. Thank, Joseph Burrell. Sequoia Moon is now as smooth as I could wish!

It was a little difficlut because of the slider problem, which also made the velocity in Sonar work in reverse also. (I use velocity to mod mapping.)

I am watching daily for a demo of that new Overture! What I now read suggests that it is heavily biased towards performance, as is Sonar.

Richard

Re: Thank You, J.B.

You're very welcome, but I wish I knew what it was I did to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    You're very welcome, but I wish I knew what it was I did to help.

I was referring to your explanation about how to achieve legato flute. You explained about using the sustain pedal, and overlapping the notes. It works very well, with note length (in Sonar) set at 103 %. The proof of the effectiveness is now accessible on demo & song file page.

Richard

Thumbs up Re: Thank You, J.B.

I have to agree with Richard. J.B. amazes me how he understands the ins and outs of all these programs as if he wrote the parameters! And after meeting him in person I can tell you I am proud to have the chance to shake his hand!
    You are an important part of this community and everyone knows it J.B.!
    Styxx

That's one of the reasons I'm starting to switch from Sonar 4PE to Cubase SX-3. In SX-3 you simply shift-click starting on the first note in a phrase you want legato (slurred) and then select all but the last note in the phrase, go to the Midi menu then Functions then Legato and SX-3 will automatically do it for you, instantly!!!

There are other things I'm finding in SX-3 that make life simpler as far as work flow goes, plus it has decent score editing and printing, although not as good as Finale, Sibelius or Overture, but a LOT better than Sonar.

Tom

Go Back to forum