• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: TKT on EXS24

Share/Bookmark

TKT on EXS24

Has anybody tried the TKT on EXS24? I was thinking of setting up some AD staccato with it but I can't really grasp how to do it in the EXS24, sorry, I know I've asked about this before. Any input on how to do this in the EXS24 is very welcome!!

/
    Philo

Re: TKT on EXS24

OK I've figured it out, thanks anyways!! This thing is F***** GREAT!!!!!

sorry to ask...what is TKT??

Yves

Yes please, can we stop using all these acronyms, especially at the beginning of a thread? I think it's ok if the posts that answer the question use them, but I think that the very first post on the thread should use the full name.

Thanks!
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

Talking Re: TKT on EXS24

"TKT" is the name I hung on a technique which Theo Krueger brought to light for repetitive patches and a way of "tricking the system" and eliminating the "machine gun effect".

The "Theodor Krueger Technique" is fully described here: http://www.kevintweedy.net/K2/info.htm . (The page has now been viewed close to 1200 times, so apparently the word is getting out!) There are "before/after" music examples as well as a good discussion of what the technique accomplishes.

In the spirit of a non-denominational "community" I would be happy to host similar solutions for other sample engines. (Details on how to accomplish that are on the same page.) The same "info" page also has links to two Tutorials that I have contributed to the Kontakt 2 knowledge base.

KevinKauai

Quote Originally Posted by midphase
    Yes please, can we stop using all these acronyms, especially at the beginning of a thread? I think it's ok if the posts that answer the question use them, but I think that the very first post on the thread should use the full name.

Thanks!
    Ditto that! I want to know what it's about, at least at 3 AM ;-)

Cool Re: TKT on EXS24

"Midphase" posted his note about 3 minutes before mine (explaing what and where the TKT -- "Theo Krueger Technique" is and where to find out more about it).

But Herman, yours is several hours later! Did you not glance at the one right above you?

hmmmmmmmm .......... KevinKauai

Quote Originally Posted by Philo
    OK I've figured it out, thanks anyways!! This thing is F***** GREAT!!!!!
    Care to share how you are doing it?

I'm not aware that the EXS24 can do round robin triggering...I would love to know how to do this if it's possible!

Thanks,

spectrum

EXS24 does Round Robin by going into the Editor page (where the keymap is) and assigning sample layers to different groups, the first group then can be given the option to trigger as the "start" of the round robin, and delegate the next trigger to the next group and so on.

I don't have Logic in front of me right now so it's a bit harder to describe in words but if you go on Sonikmatter or give me a quick phone call tomorrow I'll explain it to you in detail while we're both staring at EXS.
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

OK, thanks I'll check that out. Didn't know that round robin was an option in there!

Thanks,

spectrum

Go Back to forum