• Register
  • Help

Topic: THE QUIETEST SUMMER NAMM EVER???

Share/Bookmark

Unhappy THE QUIETEST SUMMER NAMM EVER???

I know Northern Sounds ain't what it used to be but I can't remember such a lack of News and excitement from a NAMM. Is this a case of 'no news is.......no news??'

It hasn't even been mentioned, as far as I know, in this section of the forum.

Even Gary Garritan and his team, who are previewing the Jazz Orchestra there are ominously quiet....apart from a brief mention that they are there. What is going on?? Anybody know??

Frank

Re: THE QUIETEST SUMMER NAMM EVER???

Yup...summer NAMM gets quieter every year.

I think the new Indiana locale is not exactly a hot-spot for software/soundware developers either....

spectrum

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum

I think the new Indiana locale is not exactly a hot-spot for software/soundware developers either....

spectrum
    Yes that ties up with the fact that Gary Garritan left two days early to get there. Someone said he wanted to use his tricycle.....I mean you've got to have some fun!

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum

spectrum
    I agree. I'm in FL and was going to drive out there if it was in TN. Then I found out it was in Indiana and that kind of killed it for me. I guess I'm not the only one who thinks it is kind of a strange place to have it.
    L.A. = Music
    Nashville = Music
    Indiana = Um....racing?!?!
    Although Sweetwater is in Indiana...maybe they had something to do with it.....hmm
    Liam
    "The biggest risk of all , is never taking a risk"

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Blaske
    Let's not knock Indiana. Remember, Indiana gave us Dan Quayle.

Lee Blaske
    I guess he's one of the Indianapolis 500?

Frank

Summer NAMM is just what we expected. Having a good time here.

Traditionaly it is not a show where software is announced and is known to be geared towards guitars.

The big news is the Garritan Personal Tricycle. Chromatically geared with multi-dynamic spokes, cruise control, crossfaded bumbers and pedling for legato mode. Segway move over.

The Jazz and Big Band library is receiving a great deal of interest. We are also showing GPO working within Receptor (a rackmountable hardware unit) as well as GPO integrated in Finale and Overture 4. We're having a great show.

Some things that I saw that were interesting were the new Sony Recorder, the Waves Guitar Rig, the Sonic Implants Symphonic Collection, Philharmonik and Notion.

It's wonderful to meet many Northern Sounds members at the show. We'll report more about the happenings after we return.

Gary Garritan

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Blaske
    Let's not knock Indiana. Remember, Indiana gave us Dan Quayle.
    • The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. I mean in this century's history. But we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century.
    • They need help, and we have helped, and we are here to help. And we are helping, and we're going to continue to help.
    • This election is about who's going to be the next President of the United States!
    • This President is going to lead us out of this recovery.
    • Unfortunately, the people of Louisiana are not racists.
    • Votes are like trees, if you are trying to build a forest. If you have more trees than you have forests, then at that point the pollsters will probably say you will win.
    • We are ready for any unforeseen event that may or may not occur.
    • We don't want to go back to tomorrow, we want to go forward.
      Dan Quayle
    The sad thing...our current president makes Quayle sound almost literate. Sigh.

Summer NAMM is a snore compared to the one in L.A. The first NAMM show I went to was actually a bit of a drag (not to mention I went by myself) in Nashville. No sample library developers. Only real highlight was that I got to sit and talk with Pete Snell of Tascam and goof around with their libraries.

If you haven't been to NAMM yet, and are interested in software - make it a point to go to the Winter one. Everybody is there and it's actually quite fun, though I really can't stand more than 1-2 days of it. So noisy! Wear really comfy shoes too.

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Summer NAMM is just what we expected. Having a good time here.

Traditionaly it is not a show where software is announced and is known to be geared towards guitars.

The big news is the Garritan Personal Tricycle. Chromatically geared with multi-dynamic spokes, cruise control, crossfaded bumbers and pedling for legato mode. Segway move over.

The Jazz and Big Band library is receiving a great deal of interest. We are also showing GPO working within Receptor (a rackmountable hardware unit) as well as GPO integrated in Finale and Overture 4. We're having a great show.

Some things that I saw that were interesting were the new Sony Recorder, the Waves Guitar Rig, the Sonic Implants Symphonic Collection, Philharmonik and Notion.

It's wonderful to meet many Northern Sounds members at the show. We'll report more about the happenings after we return.

Gary Garritan
    LOL!!

However, on a precautionary and serious note, if you do come back on your tricycle it's important that Tom keeps the tow rope tight at all times.

By the way.....is it really normal for a, voluntary, 'modern jazz' trumpeter, with Tom's undoubted talent (Well, I have to believe his posts!), to have such a brilliant sense of humour?? Just wondering........

Frank

Go Back to forum