• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: GS 3.1 CRASH ONCE I TRY TO SAVE

Share/Bookmark

Unhappy GS 3.1 CRASH ONCE I TRY TO SAVE

I get a crash (and as a result a restart on my PC!) everytime I hit save on a GS 3.1 document. i have no idea what's causing this.

Anyone with the same problem or suggestions?

Thank you!

PC running only GIGA 3.1
    Win XP Home
    PC 3.4
    Two HDs

Re: GS 3.1 CRASH ONCE I TRY TO SAVE

Quote Originally Posted by lul
    I get a crash (and as a result a restart on my PC!) everytime I hit save on a GS 3.1 document. i have no idea what's causing this.

Anyone with the same problem or suggestions?

Thank you!

PC running only GIGA 3.1
    Win XP Home
    PC 3.4
    Two HDs

I ACTUALLY CHECKED AND SAW THAT THERE HAS BEEN A POSTING ON THIS TOPIC. I JUST WANTED TO ADD THAT I HAVE DONE ALSO A SAVE AS WITHOUT ANY POSITIVE RESULTS. IS THERE A WORKAROUND TO BE ABLE TO USE THESE PERFORMANCES OTHER THAN CREATING NEW ONES?

Not necessarrily, I (yes, me, who does not use cracks) also crash often after I finish editing or close GigaEditor. The crashes are of a grave nature. They require a manual reboot. Giga is far from being perfect. Lots of people still encounter many a problems. GS3 is not as stable as GS2. Spread the word.

It's true that doing a number of different things in a row, especially in the mixer area (gigapulse, eq) and in the quick edit, then saving, can cause crashes. Even more so if you do these multiple things while having a full load of instruments.

But since I finished most of my experimenting and began to do one focussed thing at a time, almost never have crashes any more.

a few clients of mine reported the save bug.
    go back to 3.04 and wait

maybe there is a workaround?!?
    Digital AudionetworX

Scary ! Back to 3.04 for me..

Not sure that 3.04 is any better -- though pretty stable, it was while using 3.04 that most of my "mixed-use and save" crashes happened, I think -- or might have been 3.03. 3.10 has some good additions and really doesn't seem less stable than 3.04 imo.

I didn't notice any difference between 3.1 and 3.04. (crash-wise)

Ohh O.K .Thats good..i mean thats bad.. I mean... 'Saving causes crashes!"

Thats so fundemental..doesnt anybody beta this stuff?

I wish this stuff worked properly..thats what you pay for isnt it..? Rich

Thumbs down Re: GS 3.1 CRASH ONCE I TRY TO SAVE

It is sad indeed. I think you are right it's a 250$ for mine version and that is pretty much money for a not very stable program!

I think i will move to Kontakt i can not find any arguments to defend GS at the moment. I have given the developers enough credit but i will give up.

Where i'm afraid of is that all of my sample libraries are in GS format. So translating all of them without losing quality hmm..

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast