• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Redundancy Checksum Error EWQLSO Gold

Share/Bookmark

Redundancy Checksum Error EWQLSO Gold

Well I was insalling EWQLSO Gold this weekend,and when I got to the last library file to copy, I got a Check Sum Redundancy ERROR on the file.

Tried uusing CDCheck3, but looks like sectors are in error, or that it will take about a week to perform a recovery since the file is over 800 mb large.

Anyone been through this before?

Re: Redundancy Checksum Error EWQLSO Gold

I never had any problems on the DVD player before.
    No lense cleaning...
    I will check firmware updates,but its a laptop...

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Blaske
    Is it possible that your DVD drive is developing problems? Has the lens been cleaned recently? Are there any firmware updates available?

Lee Blaske

Seems very unlikely that there would be a physical problem on the DVD or with the content. Could be a driver issue or conflict, perhaps some data got corrupted, something like that? I know that both my CD and DVD drives are extremely finicky when copying files.
    Zircon Studios - Original music for media, electronica, sound design, and synthesis.

Thanks guys.

It seems to only happen on one of my files that I was copying. I do see a small nick on the DVD, but its really soooo small. Im taking shots in the dark at this point. I dont have another DVD player around to test it on. Maybe on Monday. Then, I have to figure out how to move a 800MG file!

There are no firmware or driver upgrades that I can find for:

TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-R2512

Alas, I emailed techsupport, but knowing soundsonline, it may be days...

I tried using a recovery tool, but it found sector errors, and would take days to run on the file. ACK!

Maybe i will pull a frys run tomorrow and pick up a cleaning kit, but I hardly ever use this drive

Check and see how much space there is on your disk relative to the files. I had file corruption problems once due to lack of space. To wit...

When I installed GPO I lost all my bookmarks (as well as experienced problems copying the last files) because there wasn't enough space for the copy operation. I had to delete files, resize and reallocate space to install successfully. I don't remember the details for sure but as I recall I needed considerably more space on the library's destination drive than I anticipated (I thought I had a fairly large margin) and possibly also more space for temporary files.

Probably something else but who knows.

Good luck

Chet

Thanks Chet.

Alas, I just purchased a nice 300 gig Firewire hard drive. Plenty of space. Just to be sure there wasnt something in the mix, I also attempted the copy onto my local drive. Have plenty of space there too..

It may come down to bad DVD. I am going to 1) clean the lens. 2) try and find anothger DVD player somewhere...

ACK!@@

Well friends:

I tried running the lens cleaner CD and it failed to produce results. However, I broke down and bought an external HP DVD writer dvd640e with USB capability. I thought I would be able to utilize it for other things around here.

Anyway it worked!

What a strange thing?

Now onto my next problem - what to use with Finale, so I can use multiple instances of GOLD, SILVER, or ATMOSPHERE? I assume its not possible out of the box - in that you can only load one instance per sound card? When I try and load more than one, the other instances do not produce output.

V-Stack an option?

Thanks for your help

Banned

It's still probably the disc itself, and the new drive is just more tolerant of the nick in the surface.
    - Stefan

Stefan:

Really? Interesting...hmmm. I have no way of testing this? How to know...

Wasnt a total waste of $. The new HP DVDR is damn fast! Took less than 1 minute to copy close to 1 gig file. Bit clunky...COMPAQ like box, but it works, and I can use it to trasfer data to my other computers using USB rather easily.

Banned

Well, all the discs are made at the same place (I presume). So there *should* be no difference among the discs. Drives use different lasers and optics 'n' such. I know, for example, that some drives do better with CD-Rs and DVD-Rs than others. This was more true in the "old" days of darker, green-gold discs.

Anyway, if the new drive is useful for other things, then you made the right move! If *all* the discs had failed, I would have blamed your drive.

- Stefan

Go Back to forum