• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: SUMMER NAMM REPORT

Share/Bookmark

SUMMER NAMM REPORT

Thanks DPDan and Brasspig for the report in a separate thread. I wanted to post last night but thunderstorms and tornado warnings brought the wi-fi down. Spectacular lightning show in Indianapolis.

New for the show - As DPDan and Brasspig point out, the impending Jazz and Big Band library is being featured. Tom has done some great demos and added new features. The response has been very positive and people seem to be very impressed.

In other news, we are demonstrating GPO working in Muse Research's "Receptor". Receptor is a dedicated rackmountable hardware unit designed to run plug-ins. As such, Receptor is the perfect platform on which to run GPO. With massive polyphony, super low latency, and with MIDI I/O and super-high-grade audio inputs and outputs built in, Receptor makes using GPO as simple as “plug in and play”. Just turn on the unit, dial up your patches and you're making music. This is great if you want to take GPO with you to a gig. You can also integrate Receptor with your computer system through an Ethernet connection.

Overture 4 is also being shown at our booth. Joseph Burrell is showing some amazing things that can be done. Incredible features and tight VST integration in Overture 4.

Finale 2006 integration with GPO is also being shown. There are also some excellent demos being show with Finale 2006 and GPO at the Finale booth.

I'll post more about these things when I return.

It was also good to meet with the industry folks- Pete and Jim from Tascam, Al and Jason from Sonic Implants, the people at Finale, Thinkware, Roland, Notion and Sweetwater. We also met with some press people.

And the greatest thing about the show- IT IS SO WONDERFUL TO MEET MANY OF THE FORUM FOLKS!!

Snorlax, Styxx, DPDan, Karl Garret, Jonny Lost and his wife Lauri, Joseph Burrell, Jerry_W, Tom Hopkins and his wife Amy, Garth, Brasspig, Bruce Smith, Kristopher and others. What an fun bunch of people. We've been eating well and laughing a lot (what do you expect when you get Styxx and DPDan in the same place?) I am looking forward to meeting more members who will be arriving tomorrow and for the GPO Indie Chowdown tomorrow night.

Having a great time. I haven't had a chance to walk the show and check out what's new. If I get a chance I'll let you know. The forum members here all say hello to the rest of our online family. More later.

Gary Garritan

Re: SUMMER NAMM REPORT

Awesome news! I can't wait to hear those demos! I'll bet those saxes are going to be sweet, after all this time of trying to find expressive jazz saxophone sounds I think that this new Jazz package may possibly destroy everything else out there. The sopranino, mezzo soprano, bass, contrabass and subcontrabass saxes are going to be something completely new to me. I'm always daydreaming of how they'd sound when I'm at my job, but I guess we'll all find out soon enough. I think I'll find I have a soft spot for that mezzo soprano sax. I know it's between the alto and soprano ranges, I've been told it's a bit like the soprano but with a deeper richer lusher tone like an alto. I can't wait to hear a demo of that sax sound

I'm itching to know more about Advanced GPO too, always been wondering if it will be out by December...I'm sure it's a huge undertaking, but I'm really rooting for it!

Double...er...whoops make that a TRIPLE Kudos to Garritan!

Ben

As Brian_2112 once said "Set your credit cards to stun!".

Guess I'll have to put off retirement for a few more years so I can afford all this stuff.

Just took a look at Receptor and it does look interesting...we'll keep an eye on it.

Thanks for the update Gary!
    ;-)
    jim

Jim Jarnagin - no not THAT Jim Jarnagin, the other one.

Gary, you ARE going to post those demos, aren't you? Now that everybody at the show has heard them, isn't it only fair to let your forum participants have a taste? Please?
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

Quote Originally Posted by thesoundsmith
    Gary, you ARE going to post those demos, aren't you? Now that everybody at the show has heard them, isn't it only fair to let your forum participants have a taste? Please?
    I'll second that!

I'll third that! I just wish they'd stop eating and let us in on the fun.

Frank

BTW, Gary said "Thanks DPDan and Brasspig for the report in a separate thread." I've spent quite a time looking for this but can't find anything that reads like a NAMM report. Any pointers?

Post Re: SUMMER NAMM REPORT

I´ll forth that and hope it´s possible to pre-order JABB.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy Heern
    BTW, Gary said "Thanks DPDan and Brasspig for the report in a separate thread." I've spent quite a time looking for this but can't find anything that reads like a NAMM report. Any pointers?
    Yes it's over here=>
    http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=36618

If I managed to screw up the link, I think it's the one called "Hi from NAMM" by brasspig. Not sure it reads like a NAMM report yet, more like a "check-in" call saying "we're here"!

...but I'm sure BrassPig and DPDan will add more as they go along.

;-0
    jim

Jim Jarnagin - no not THAT Jim Jarnagin, the other one.

Smile Re: SUMMER NAMM REPORT

Oh my God!!
    how much I would like to be there with you at this moment!!!!
    I don't know when it will be but I hope to know and spend some moments with my second incredible family!!!
    Thanks Gary. Let me say hello to all my friends there and also to you!!!
    My best to you all!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Roberto

Quote Originally Posted by southportJim
    Yes it's over here=>
    http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=36618

If I managed to screw up the link, I think it's the one called "Hi from NAMM" by brasspig. Not sure it reads like a NAMM report yet, more like a "check-in" call saying "we're here"!

...but I'm sure BrassPig and DPDan will add more as they go along.

;-0
    jim
    Thanks a lot Jim for trying to help out, but I'd seen that and didn't realise that was what GG had referred to.

Cheers

Frank

Go Back to forum