• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Topic: Hi from NAMM

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Hi from NAMM

    Karl Garrett and I are here and would to say Hi to everyone.
    We survived the tornado warnings last night.
    It has been a pleasure for me to finally meet Karl Garrett, Gary Garritan, Tom Hopkins, Joseph Burrell, Jim Williams and Johnny Lost. Some of these guys have their wives with them, and they are pleasant as can be. As far as new announcements go, there have been none. The jazz big band library is going to be so awesome!
    The few demos that I have heard of some of the instruments is really cool!
    The amount of control that Tom Hopkins is incorporating in this library is fantastic!

    I can't wait for this library to be released.

    Karl, and I will check in later.
    Dpdan and Karl Garrett

  2. #2

    Talking Re: Hi from NAMM

    I'd like to second all Dan's comments. It was great meeting everyone here today. So great to put faces with all the names and characters we've met on here. Thanks to Gary for getting us here.

    I was able to sit down and talk with Tom Hopkins extensively about the Jazz/Big Band Library and heard some demos. You guys are in for a real treat. The sounds are GREAT and the programming is mind-blowing. The amount of control you have on these instruments is unbelievable.

    I'm looking forward to meeting more of the Garritan Forum Folks tomorrow and especially at dinner! Yummmm

    Brasspig
    Donald W. Sorah
    Doctoral Teaching Assistant
    Florida State University
    Tallahassee, FL

  3. #3

    Re: Hi from NAMM

    Thanks Dan and Brasspig,for whetting our appetites even more.
    Man, is my appetite whetted or what ?
    If my appetite was any whetter,I think I would eat my own head.
    Have a great gathering guys.
    regards

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    UK- teeming with life....
    Posts
    2,567

    Re: Hi from NAMM

    Quote Originally Posted by joaz
    Thanks Dan and Brasspig,for whetting our appetites even more.
    Man, is my appetite whetted or what ?
    If my appetite was any whetter,I think I would eat my own head.
    Have a great gathering guys.
    regards
    Now, that's what I call Whet!

    Frank

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    UK- teeming with life....
    Posts
    2,567

    Re: Hi from NAMM

    Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    Karl Garrett and I are here and would to say Hi to everyone.
    We survived the tornado warnings last night.
    It has been a pleasure for me to finally meet Karl Garrett, Gary Garritan, Tom Hopkins, Joseph Burrell, Jim Williams and Johnny Lost. Some of these guys have their wives with them, and they are pleasant as can be. As far as new announcements go, there have been none. The jazz big band library is going to be so awesome!
    The few demos that I have heard of some of the instruments is really cool!
    The amount of control that Tom Hopkins is incorporating in this library is fantastic!

    I can't wait for this library to be released.

    Karl, and I will check in later.
    Dpdan and Karl Garrett
    I don't want names but did any of these people strike you as being a little bit 'normal' (in real life)?

    Frank

  6. #6

    Re: Hi from NAMM

    Quote Originally Posted by Hardy Heern
    I don't want names but did any of these people strike you as being a little bit 'normal' (in real life)?

    Frank
    More directly, did ANY of these people strike you as being the LEAST BIT normal in ANY WAY (in ANY life)!
    ;-)
    Inquiring minds want to know...

    Jim Jarnagin - no not THAT Jim Jarnagin, the other one.

  7. #7

    Re: Hi from NAMM

    No. None of us are and never will be normal, especially that Garritan guy.

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •