• Register
  • Help

Topic: Overture and export

Share/Bookmark

Overture and export

Up front I will admit that I'm probably overlooking something, however...

I primarily use Finale, but decided to use the bundled Overture app for a couple of short pieces, just to see what the deal was. Well I finished one of them and went to export and the resulting MIDI file was a whopping 4K! The overture file is 350K.

I opened it in DP, and there was nothing there but the track names and a small bit of CC data.

Is there something other than EXPORT that I need to select? Do have to select everything first? JB! Overture Guru! Help!

Thanks!
    Joe

Re: Overture and export

Now that is strange. I just tried to export a small 101 KB test file. The result was a 20 KB MIDI file. Everything seemed to be there, and I didn't do anything except open the file and click Export...

Quote Originally Posted by jmc
    Up front I will admit that I'm probably overlooking something, however...

I primarily use Finale, but decided to use the bundled Overture app for a couple of short pieces, just to see what the deal was. Well I finished one of them and went to export and the resulting MIDI file was a whopping 4K! The overture file is 350K.

I opened it in DP, and there was nothing there but the track names and a small bit of CC data.

Is there something other than EXPORT that I need to select? Do have to select everything first? JB! Overture Guru! Help!

Thanks!
    Joe
    Can't be of much technical help, but generally speaking, Midi files are much smaller than Overture files...AFAIK...but if you're having problems, you may want to post here:
    http://geniesoft.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=18
    (That's the Overture/GPO section of the Geniesoft forums)

In any case,everyone's in Namm, man. Kinda like the 60's They'll be back soon and you should have plenty of help then!

Good luck.

Thanks for the replies! I pose this to the members on the other forum as well. Hm... it almost sounds like either my file is corrupted or my program. In any case, I'm probably going to redo it in Finale and export from there.

Go Back to forum