• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: OT: Powered Monitors

Share/Bookmark

Question OT: Powered Monitors

I am looking for small powered monitors that "true" highs and a tight mid bass. Also, the "sweet spot" is very important. I will be using them for voice over recording and stereo playback of radio spots. I will not be monitoring bass guitars or kick drums

Any input from the NSS gang would be very helpful.
    Anyone use KRK?

Thanks

Francis Belardino
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Re: OT: Powered Monitors

Ive found the M-Audio BX8s a good workhorse for a few years now. Their imaging is accurate, especially in the bottom end. My mixes tend to translate pretty well to other systems.

They do the job until I bite the bullet for some BM6s or Adams or something crazy.
    ---------------------------
    - SCA - Sound Studios -
    www.sca-soundstudios.com
    ---------------------------

I live Event's they come in all sizes and price points and I would highly recommend them.
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

I recommend the Genelec 80XX series. They are fairly small compared to what they can do.

defiantely genelec! They're classy little suckers
    evaclear
    Success is going from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm...

My Stuff

Thanks guys. I will check into them.

Try the ADAMs. I have the P11A, and they are the best in their price range. Very neutral, with a fantastic sense of where everything sits in the mix, and you can't beat their mids and highs because they use accelerated ribbon technology. They blew away most other speakers in various comparison tests, including Genelecs and KRKs. (And they blew them away in my personal listening test... ) If you are looking for a smaller desktop speaker, I would try their new ARTist speakers - I haven't heard them so far, but I really trust this company, and I can imagine them to be of the same quality as the P11As.

Quote Originally Posted by tquandt
    Try the ADAMs. I have the P11A, and they are the best in their price range. Very neutral, with a fantastic sense of where everything sits in the mix, and you can't beat their mids and highs because they use accelerated ribbon technology. They blew away most other speakers in various comparison tests, including Genelecs and KRKs. (And they blew them away in my personal listening test... ) If you are looking for a smaller desktop speaker, I would try their new ARTist speakers - I haven't heard them so far, but I really trust this company, and I can imagine them to be of the same quality as the P11As.
    Thank you.

Do you have a product link?

I should add that I was thinking of purchasing 5 speakers. I would like the discreet 5.1 system to match the L and R. One can get a gut punching sub just about anywhere.

Though I have been reading great comments about the 5" version. Here is where I was before this thread...
    http://www.zzounds.com/item--KRKRP8

By the way, I have gear for sale in the OT section if you care to check that out.

Check out the Dynaudio reference speakers. I like Genelecs too but the Dynaudios are less expensive and a lot of people like them. The BX's are good value for the money as are the Events if you like the way they sound and for a surround system it is a good way to save money. But, for what you are talking about perhaps the Dynaudios are at least worth a listen. I just picked up a pair a few days ago and so far I am happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bela D Media
    Thank you.

Do you have a product link?
    http://www.adam-audio.com/professional/

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast