• Register
  • Help

Topic: Need help with GS3 setup.

Share/Bookmark

Need help with GS3 setup.

Hi.
    I've just setup and installed GS3 on a new system. Quite a difference from v. 2.52!
    Anyway, I'm using MidiOverLan to send midi from my mac to my new system and while the MOL monitor sees the midi data coming in to the computer, GS is not responding to it. I've got it configured correctly in the system setup, but no response. Any ideas on what could be the kludge?

Any advice greatly appreciated.
    -Jamey

Re: Need help with GS3 setup.

Is filtering enabled anywhere?
    Are you sure MOL is set up correctly on both systems? Double check. It may be reading MIDI and indicating it is, but may be filtering or disabled to your GS

What did you choose in GS3 system as MIDI in ports?

Did you use MOL on this machine before or is it new?

I would work backwards from MOL to your GS3. Make sure GS3 is actually receiving and more importanty you have instruments set to correct port/channels. Try using another application on same machine to see if you can read MIDI with another application

Quote Originally Posted by IOComposer
    Hi.
    I've just setup and installed GS3 on a new system. Quite a difference from v. 2.52!
    Anyway, I'm using MidiOverLan to send midi from my mac to my new system and while the MOL monitor sees the midi data coming in to the computer, GS is not responding to it. I've got it configured correctly in the system setup, but no response. Any ideas on what could be the kludge?

Any advice greatly appreciated.
    -Jamey

Thanks for the help. Turns out it was just a problem in how I configured MOL. I had conflicting channels, that's all. Works great now!
    Cheers,
    Jamey

Excellante'!!!

Go Back to forum