• Register
  • Help

Topic: GS3 freezing on launch...

Share/Bookmark

Unhappy GS3 freezing on launch...

I hope somebody can help me with this because it's driving me mad.

I have installed GS3 v3.0, restarted, updated to GS v3.1 and restarted. My problem is that when I run the License Manager, I get the splash screen, the HD light disappears, comes back on solid for about 20 secounds and then the mouse freezes. Same if I try to run the actual program.

Any suggestions would be extremely grateful. I've tried this on clean installs of XP, SP1 and SP2. Every one dies the same way.

Andy

P4 3.6 LGA775, GA-8GPNXP Duo, 2GB DDR400 and Maxtor SATA 160GB HD.

Re: GS3 freezing on launch...

First, make sure you don't have any viruses on your computer. Second, update all your computer drivers from your computers manufacturers website. Third, try uninstalling and reinstalling the program.
    I like gpo

Yep, all that has been done.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple
    First, make sure you don't have any viruses on your computer. Second, update all your computer drivers from your computers manufacturers website. Third, try uninstalling and reinstalling the program.
    much easyer: just try to check if you dissabled xp services which GS3 needs to activate the registration process.

thats it
    Digital AudionetworX

also review your midi setup, loopbacks can cause a freeze. Simplest way to check is to unplug the midi temporarily; make sure midi yoke hasn't been installed on your system, another source of freezes. If you have it configured to rebuild quicksound on startup, and have all drives enabled and all extensions enabled, that too can cause heavy drive access for a long time.

Go Back to forum