• Register
  • Help

Topic: Drum Loops for Classical/Electronica

Share/Bookmark

Drum Loops for Classical/Electronica

I'm looking for a Stylus type drum VSTi for Classical/Electronica type music (think Tomita...think 'Fanfare for the Common Man' by ELP). Will Stylus 'work' (in your opinion)...would I be unhappy, happy, ecstatic if I purchased?

Thanks!

PS...I use GPO/Overture SE so I have zero experience with VSTi's.

Re: Drum Loops for Classical/Electronica

You could certainly use RMX for those styles.

The groove on ELP's Fanfare for the Common Man is just a simple blues shuffle with Live drums. The BackBeat SAGE Xpander has a similar groove on it.

Tomita's stuff doesn't really have any groove element to it though, so that's a little trickier to discern what you are looking for.

I guess the main thing to know is that RMX is extremely versatile for many, many different styles of music...it just depends on how you use it. The core library is more electronic oriented, and the Xpanders have much more in the way of acoustic material to work with.

Check out the demos to see how versatile RMX is:

http://www.spectrasonics.net/instruments/stylusrmx.html

spectrum

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum
    You could certainly use RMX for those styles.
    spectrum
    Thanks so much for the reply! I'm really looking forward to buying my first VSTi...it'll either be Atmosphere or RMX. I do a lot of 'surfing' and Atmosphere sure has a whizz-bang reputation. Looking forward to sending you some of my hard earned dollars!

And can I take this opportunity to hijack my own thread and thank you for all your Roland MC-80/PMA-5 sounds? I know they don't compare with the super-golly gee-willickers sound sets of RMS/Atmosphere, but for my purposes, some of the sounds were precisely what I was looking for...thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum
    Tomita's stuff doesn't really have any groove element to it though, so that's a little trickier to discern what you are looking for.
    Actually, it's not Tomita...I was thinking of classical music translated to a synth sensibility (a la Tomita) with a unique (ie; it doesn't yet exist!) drum loop background. So Tomita was a bad example, but it's as close as I can come without creating it...and of course, I'll need RMX in order to create it.

But thanks for the reply!

Sure!

spectrum :-)

Go Back to forum