• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Topic: "MarchOfTheInfant" - my answer to Jerry!

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    "MarchOfTheInfant" - my answer to Jerry!

    I can't believe all this time hanging round in this forum and I have never posted an 'original' piece of music.

    To break my duck - and in response to Jerry's Lullaby - here is my 'March of The Infant' penned for our daughter Melissa who was born just a short while before Jerry's baby. It's not really a lullaby though.

    All done on GPO except the triangles which are samples I made myself (and will shortly be posting in various formats if anyone is interested). Purists please forgive the piano at end which was improvised to try to get to 3 minutes to fit the video I was making of her at the time! Oh and also here is a recent photo!

    http://www.l-music.co.uk/MarchOfTheInfant.mp3


  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    UK- teeming with life....
    Posts
    2,567

    Re: "MarchOfTheInfant" - my answer to Jerry!

    Quote Originally Posted by L0W
    I can't believe all this time hanging round in this forum and I have never posted an 'original' piece of music.

    To break my duck - and in response to Jerry's Lullaby - here is my 'March of The Infant' penned for our daughter Melissa who was born just a short while before Jerry's baby. It's not really a lullaby though.

    All done on GPO except the triangles which are samples I made myself (and will shortly be posting in various formats if anyone is interested). Purists please forgive the piano at end which was improvised to try to get to 3 minutes to fit the video I was making of her at the time! Oh and also here is a recent photo!

    http://www.l-music.co.uk/MarchOfTheInfant.mp3

    Very Well done on both counts LOW!!! This is the second enjoyable tuba related piece I've listened to tonight, also with a little humour.....Excellent.

    BTW I actually thought the piano at the end was a nice contrast.

    Frank

  3. #3

    Re: "MarchOfTheInfant" - my answer to Jerry!

    LOW!

    This is fantastic music!!! Thank you so much for sharing this. The choices you made for instrumentation are perfect. The triangles are nice - Glockenspiel wouldn't have worked as well. The high timbres of the triangles are so nice accompaning the low tuba solo! And I agree with Frank, the piano is perfect. It truly brings in a more gentle and child-like character to it and contrasts very nicely with the first half.

    What an adorable little baby! Melissa is so beautiful. Claire isn't QUITE to that stage where she is smiling a lot, but she is ALMOST there - another week perhaps. She smiles when she is playing in her crib, and when she first wakes up - and more and more each day. But she smiles a LOT in her sleep.
    Nice dreams? I wonder what babies dream about.

    Thanks so much again for sharing this. This is really a wonderful piece.

    Jerry Wickham
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

    My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com


  4. #4

    Re: "MarchOfTheInfant" - my answer to Jerry!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry W.
    LOW!

    Thanks so much again for sharing this. This is really a wonderful piece.

    Jerry Wickham
    Jerry and Hardy - many thanks for your very positive comments and encouragement!

  5. #5

    Re: "MarchOfTheInfant" - my answer to Jerry!

    Quote Originally Posted by L0W
    Jerry and Hardy - many thanks for your very positive comments and encouragement!
    "BUMP"
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

    My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com


  6. #6

    Re: "MarchOfTheInfant" - my answer to Jerry!

    delightful - that really brought a smile to my face; I've got two infants marching around me right now. They don't like it when I'm at the computer - unless I'm showing photos of them of course ... (So takes lots!)

    YBaCuO

  7. #7

    Re: "MarchOfTheInfant" - my answer to Jerry!

    L0w, as an eternal enthusiast of the magnificent tuba, I thank you for this... lol. Nicely done!

    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •