• Register
  • Help

Topic: Best prices on SAGE Expanders

Share/Bookmark

Best prices on SAGE Expanders

Hello

Anybody know who has the best prices on Stylus RMXs' SAGE Expanders? I'd like to get Backbeat. So far Sweetwater has the best deal I think with free shipping for $94+ Sam Ash has a better price at $89+ But I'd have to pay tax in TN - which is almost 10%.

Eric, does it work out best for you if I buy from a particular vendor?

Thanks much,

Charles

Smile Re: Best prices on SAGE Expanders

It's all the same for me, regardless of the dealer...thanks for asking though, that's awfully considerate!

All the best,

spectrum

PS. Enjoy your Xpanders!

Re: Best prices on SAGE Expanders

No problem, Eric. I know that as an indie singer/songwriter that sometimes it helps to move units thru Amazon or CDBaby for "visibility", I didn't know if retail worked that way.

Also, I thought you should know - Guitar Center, Sam Ash and some of the other local outlets don't seem to have the Expanders or even Stylus RMX readily at hand. They seem to be special order items. I don't understand why since they seem to have Big Fish stuff all over the store...

Weird.

Charles

That is very unusual....what city are you located in?

Most of the time, our stuff is readily available at the major chains (although it also sells quickly, so sometimes that's why it's not in stoock)

spectrum

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum
    That is very unusual....what city are you located in?

Most of the time, our stuff is readily available at the major chains (although it also sells quickly, so sometimes that's why it's not in stoock)

spectrum
    I'm in NashVegas...Nashville, that is...

$89 plus shipping at www.altomusic.com (they are in NY)
    you'll have to call them though... the items are not on a web page directly

Thanks BalsamPillow. with shipping it was $97. So I think I'm going with Sweetwater...

Best,

charles

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Blaske
    If you live in TN, the tax isn't an issue, because you've got to send in use tax on items bought out of state where sales tax wasn't collected.

http://www.tennesseeanytime.org/usetax/

Might as well give the business to local merchants.

Lee Blaske
    Informative - but practically speaking - I don't think so...

Quote Originally Posted by denovo
    Thanks BalsamPillow. with shipping it was $97. So I think I'm going with Sweetwater...
    Yeah, I saved b/c I ordered three things from altomusic and the shipping was the same as a single item for all three... altomusic always has good prices on plugs and excellent customer service... as good as Sweetwater...

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Blaske
    It's certainly true that lots of people evade paying use tax, but the penalties in some states can be pretty stiff if you get caught. Hopefully, you're just a hobbyist, and not deducting any of these purchases from your federal tax return. That's where they'll find out about it and nail you. Sales and use tax departments of most states don't pay much attention to consumer purchases. They take a closer look at business deductions.

Many years ago, I wasn't even aware of use tax in my state, and that I should have been paying it. I ended up paying dearly for my ignorance.

Lee Blaske
    Thanks Lee...I'll keep that in mind. I do use a professional tax preparer. We figure these things out at the end of the year. What I meant by the "I don't think so" statement was that on an immediate basis it's not a consideration. For me anyway...

Charles

Go Back to forum