• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Gigapulse VST Pricing

Share/Bookmark

Gigapulse VST Pricing

Now that the VST version is available, does anyone know if there will be special pricing for existing GS3 customers? I see $249 for the VST version - is that the one and only price or can it be had for less?

Re: Gigapulse VST Pricing

I made some google research and found a "list price" / "retail price" for Gigapulse VST at 299$

so i think that 249$ (i found 3 or 4 shops offering at this conditions) are "the" price.

I sure hope they offer a discount price for GS 3 orchestra users. But I've got a bad feeling they won't.

Quote Originally Posted by mikea59
    Now that the VST version is available, does anyone know if there will be special pricing for existing GS3 customers? I see $249 for the VST version - is that the one and only price or can it be had for less?
    Is it available? Has anyone got their hands on it?

D

Looks like they are taking orders for shipment in late July:

http://www.globalfulfillment.net/gfs...e=GigaPulseVST

Quote Originally Posted by mikea59
    Looks like they are taking orders for shipment in late July:

http://www.globalfulfillment.net/gfs...e=GigaPulseVST
    Yikes! With Tascam's record on meeting promised release dates, who in their right mind would preorder this thing???

Quote Originally Posted by Existence
    Yikes! With Tascam's record on meeting promised release dates, who in their right mind would preorder this thing???
    This isn't GS3.0. That was a huge rewrite.

For GS3.1 the press release said the first half of June. I think it was on the server by June 18th. So... it slipped a little, but not enough to worry about.

At NAB the Tascam guys told me that GigaPulse VST shares the codebase with GS3.1. Well, 3.1's on the street. The reason GP-VST comes after 3.1 is that they need to dupe the discs and print the boxes. Tascam has the schedule from 3.0 to lean on, so it should be no mystery.

It's a good bet that schedule slips (if any) on GP-VST will be minor at worst.

That said, moving to GS3 to 64-bits (GS4?) will be a huge job. I hope Tascam keeps quiet about that product's ship date, until the code is in the can.

-JF

The blurb say it comes with the biggest selection of impulses of any retail convolution reverb (I think thats what it said) .......... so does this mean there will be a new impulse library shipping with it ? The one that comes with GS3 is not big by any stretch of the imagination. Anyone know ?

Quote Originally Posted by JBacal
    I sure hope they offer a discount price for GS 3 orchestra users. But I've got a bad feeling they won't.
    There was a discussion a while back about this when Giga 3 was first announced. I'm going by memory, but it seems someone from Tascam commented that they wished that G3 orchestra have the VST included, but "for now", the VST and the G3 application were two seperate products. I'm holding out hope that Orchestra owners will not have the buy the VST, or at least get to buy it at a special rate.

According to Pete Snell at NAB, no discount is planned. It's a separate product. I told him that I thought that was a mistake, but apparently the decision was discussed at length inside Tascam, and that was the decision. That was back in April though. Maybe they'll change their minds.

The good news is that we got the 3.1 update at no charge. We can expect bug fixes for free, but the new features were a very nice gift.

-JF

Go Back to forum