• Register
  • Help

Topic: Replacements and CD box of dooooooom...

Share/Bookmark

Replacements and CD box of dooooooom...

I don't know if it's the way the DVD box has been manufactured, but even pressing the small notches together and trying to ease the CDs out of the box the CDs almost bend double before they even start to move out and I don't want to damage the install CDs.

Can GPO CDs be sent back and replaced (presumably for a fee) if something like this happens? Under the licence can I make a backup and use those disks instead? The text at the back of the manual says that you can't distribute, but I guess backups are okay?

Re: Replacements and CD box of dooooooom...

Quote Originally Posted by ceenda
    I don't know if it's the way the DVD box has been manufactured, but even pressing the small notches together and trying to ease the CDs out of the box the CDs almost bend double before they even start to move out and I don't want to damage the install CDs.

Can GPO CDs be sent back and replaced (presumably for a fee) if something like this happens? Under the licence can I make a backup and use those disks instead? The text at the back of the manual says that you can't distribute, but I guess backups are okay?
    Well, here is what I was told by Gary. A safety backup copy is okay. The matter came up when one of my cd's was damaged, probably by the tight fit. Within about 48 hours, no fee, did not return the cracked cd, I had a replacement. Then I made my safety backup copies of the set. But I also removed the originals from the nice package and put them in individual jewel cases. I saved the original package, don't know why, probably because it looks neat on the printer stand -- cofee table book syndrome?

Richard

Re: Replacements and CD box of dooooooom...

Excellent, thanks Richard!

I have a CD wallet with insulation that I use for my OS and hardware driver CDs. Should probably buy one for my install discs too.

Hehe, likewise, I can't bear to throw away the original boxes when I buy something.

Go Back to forum