• Register
  • Help

Topic: upgrading q

Share/Bookmark

upgrading q

My install of GPO has the program files in C:ProgramFiles/<gpo>, but the huge library data and nki patch data is all on my big fast sample disk (Xata/<gpo>) Now, when I run the updater, it appears to want to put everything (100 megs worth) into the C: drive, it doesn't give me a chance to specify where the data and nki files are.

Is this the correct way to run the installer? Will it figure out to do whatever it needs to do over in the X drive? Or do I need to specify explicitly the X: location (I can't imagine that would be right, but who knows...)

Someone stop me before I make a mess of my install... :-)

Thanks...

-glenn

Re: upgrading q

Glenn,

It is best to install the library into the default location, which is usually the C: drive. You can specify another drive if you wish, but for smoothest operation go with the default. GPO is designed to run on RAM so running it a seperated fast hard drive is not necessary.

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Glenn,

It is best to install the library into the default location, which is usually the C: drive. You can specify another drive if you wish, but for smoothest operation go with the default. GPO is designed to run on RAM so running it a seperated fast hard drive is not necessary.

Gary Garritan
    Thanks. The reason it's installed the way it is is that I use the programs mainly from Kontakt, and I have all my other stuff installed on that drive. Also, my C drive is getting pretty full. So, if I point the updater at the Program area, will it try to put the nki files there too? Also, if I point the updater at my sample/data area, then the GPO stuff in the Program area won't be upgraded?

-glenn

Okay, so I went ahead and just pointed the updater/install at the Program Files location, hoping it would figure out that the libraries were elsewhere. I think it largely worked, but...

I've poked around and many of the documented changes are there now ("ag" patches exist, the player upgrades appear there, etc). But at least one documented feature ("there are now 30 multis") didn't seem to come through. I have 22 multis.

Anyone have any idea why, and is there something else that I should look for to see if it made it?

Thanks...

-glenn

Go Back to forum