• Register
  • Help

Topic: INDY SIGHTS & SOUNDS FOR NON-NAMM MOMENTS

Share/Bookmark

INDY SIGHTS & SOUNDS FOR NON-NAMM MOMENTS

ATTENTION NAMM ATTENDEES!!

During your non-NAMM moments, Indianapolis has a lot to offer...try these on for size...click on each link for more info!

Here is a map of downtown Indy! Note the breakout on the bottom that shows the convention area and note the extensive list of attractions as you scroll down.

GOTTA SHOP? Circle Centre Mall is right nearby.

GOT KIDS?? The Indianapolis Children's Museum is recognized as one of the best in the country. A 10-minute drive from the Convention Center

The Indianapolis Zoo is also excellent--a short drive or a hot walk from the Convention Center.

The Indianapolis Symphony has a pops concert Friday and Saturday night at historic Connor Prairie Living History Museum. About 40 min drive from the Convention Center.

LIKE BASEBALL?? The Indianapolis Indians AAA Baseball team is home this weekend. Victory Field was recently chosen as the best Minor-League park in the country.

The Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians and Western Art is a short walk from the Convention Center. A real one-of-a-kind attraction.

FOR YOU ART FANS...The Indianapolis Art Museum is recently renovated with a constantly-changing collection.

DO YOU DIG THE BLUES?? The Slippery Noodle Inn is a well-known house of Blues!

A Canal Walk might be enjoyable after a hard day of checking out gear

Well, that oughta keep you busy when you are not NAMM-ing...

BUT KEEP SATURDAY AT 7:30pm OPEN FOR THE GPO MEET AND EAT CHOWDOWN AT BUCA DI BEPPO!

Enjoy your time in Indianapolis!
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

Re: INDY SIGHTS & SOUNDS FOR NON-NAMM MOMENTS

Wow Professor, I don't know if I could handle any sight or sound! Here in Buffalo, you pretty much have one thing to do in the city, go home. Regardless, I like the idea of the Symphony. By the way, are you performing anywhere while we are all there? Just some wishful thinking here yet it would be very cool to hear the Indianapolis Brass Choir!
    Wait, I like the idea of the Blues Bar. To bad it the NAMM didn't start on a Wednesday. I would have loved to sit in on a number or six!
    Thanks for posting the links!
    Styxx

I'd say the Indianapolis Symphony Pop Concert on Friday night would be cool!
    dpDan

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    I'd say the Indianapolis Symphony Pop Concert on Friday night would be cool!
    dpDan
    Actually, since it's outdoors, it'll be hot and sticky

Jim
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

Why don't we all go to your place and have a tech band rehearsal? Like a Green Acres band jam a thon!
    Actually, I'm really hoping for some R&R in-between our visits to the show. I haven't been away in over 15 years. I don't even remember what it's like to actually have free time to not think about anything or work. So, if there's a pool in the hotel and it's decent, that's where I'll be. Washing my brain of all what's happened in the past 15 years. Yes, that's what I may do.
    OR! The Blues Club sounds cool!
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by snorlax
    Actually, since it's outdoors, it'll be hot and sticky

Jim
    yuck, nevermind

dpDan

Go Back to forum