• Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Well, now isn't that special.

Share/Bookmark

Well, now isn't that special.

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    From CNN:
    -- President Bush will nominate U.S. Circuit Judge John Roberts Jr. to fill the Supreme Court vacancy, CNN has learned.

From freerepublic.com:

"Yet those who know Roberts say he, unlike Souter, is a reliable conservative who can be counted on to undermine if not immediately overturn liberal landmarks like abortion rights and affirmative action. Indicators of his true stripes cited by friends include: clerking for Rehnquist, membership in the Federalist Society, laboring in the Ronald Reagan White House counsel's office and at the Justice Department into the Bush years, working with Kenneth Starr among others, and even his lunchtime conversations at Hogan & Hartson. "He is as conservative as you can get," one friend puts it. In short, Roberts may combine the stealth appeal of Souter with the unwavering ideology of Scalia and Thomas."

From Jamey Scott:

I would have expected nothing less.
    God, we're screwed.
    -Jamey

Re: Well, now isn't that special.

Never say die. No matter WHO is on the FKkING court

But, I am terribly dissapointed we didnt get a woman! What an injustice!

Of course he was going to nominate a jackass. He's hell-bent on ruining this country for generations to come.

I guess the upside is that once we start to lose some of the basic freedoms we've all taken for granted, maybe some Americans will wake the f*ck up and start to realize that somethings gone awry.
    -J

Quote Originally Posted by newmewzikboy
    But, I am terribly dissapointed we didnt get a woman! What an injustice!
    Wait until they find out that John Roberts Jr. actually is a woman. Surprise!

-JF

I really doubt US folks are going to wake up:

• They are content with a shop and die / TV mentality to understand what they are giving up historically as a nation and as a people. In other words, they are totally passive and un-involved to challenge the status quo.
    • The centrality has been brainwashed into beliving the guvment line...if they are not already bigoted religiously into an endless stream of hum drum jesus ants.
    • Even the name HOMELAND SECURITY rings of SOUTHERN HOME GUARD - doesn't that scare you to death?
    The only thing worse, is the media...

Hmmm...I could join them, and only worry about GPOA, EWQLSO, SATA II Drives, and a faster laptop! ONly BuSH Can get me that. I BELIEEVE IN JESUS!>

I don't want to believe that these generalizations are true, but I think you may be right.

I think it's going to be us who are the only ones prepared to lead the post apocalyptic fight to save humanity. The problem with that, is we'll all be duking it out to see who gets to score the action scenes.
    -J

God thats such a great quote IOComposer!

I'm of course being very sarcastic, being NewMewzikBoy...this is expected, having been tainted by the L.A. scene at one point..I left trying to save myself, and my soul but nothing helps...just trying to compose a good violin and piano piece to keep me interested in anything at all these days..

Still, I have to wonder if anything is possible at this point to save humanity? History being what it was, always turned around a good plague or famine or two to bring the numbers down to some reasonableness, and in the course grew a better view of the world for all of us. 1315 gave us a nice global change. 1347 was an even better good year. Unfortunately, we may not have the luxury of nature to steer us right this time. The environment is being destroyed too fast for redemption, modern medicine keeps things within comfort but prolongs the tension of events. And thanks to modern weapontry and our demented mindset...anyway I am rambling...fanaticism aside, i dont have much faith we will be able to save ourselves given the greater course of natural events. So, when i hear discomfort with idiots in the WH and Court, I think the greater issues are being overlooked, by people watching Reality TV, XBOX in their SUV's, and Oprah, and it makes me sad...

P.S. hmm...then again Cameron Diaz leather video is quite good!

Quote Originally Posted by IOComposer
    I don't want to believe that these generalizations are true, but I think you may be right.

I think it's going to be us who are the only ones prepared to lead the post apocalyptic fight to save humanity. The problem with that, is we'll all be duking it out to see who gets to score the action scenes.
    -J

Quote Originally Posted by IOComposer
    I guess the upside is that once we start to lose some of the basic freedoms we've all taken for granted, maybe some Americans will wake the f*ck up and start to realize that somethings gone awry.
    -J
    If I remenber correctly, Americans woke up once before when things went awry.

...and these guys scored it:

I wanna go back to America

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Yes, what a disappointment. I'd like to say more, but when I type it, I just realize that it will get me into trouble.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast