• Register
  • Help

Topic: Music Coordinator Job

Share/Bookmark

Music Coordinator Job

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    I was looking into the upcomming cable/satellite TV channel, Current, and found that they have an opening for Music Coordinator in San Francisco. Maybe somebody here is interested?

http://current.tv/about/jobs/musicCoordinator.php

Current has a cool concept: it will show short format video/animation, including content from the public at large. The theme is current events, rather than fiction. Kind of a Jon Stewart type show for short attention spans.

Al Gore is one of the founders. Some claim it will be DNC-TV, but I think it will be more fractured and unpredictable than that. The bottom line is that it has to be entertaining and attract viewers.

Apple recently announced a video iPod. Nobody will want to watch broadcast format TV on their iPod, but wild short films could be cool.

This could be the start of something big, and another outlet for music to picture.

-JF

Re: Music Coordinator Job

Damn.

Im too old and jaded for this one...

Here's an article on Current from the LA Times.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...home-headlines

And, no, I have no financial interest in Current. I just like the short film format, and am wondering if the revolution will be televised - in two to seven minute bursts.

-JF

Do you really want to work for someone who claims he invented the internet?

Our future would be a lot less bleak if his votes had been recounted and Ralph Nader wasn't a jackass.

Quote Originally Posted by newmewzikboy
    Do you really want to work for someone who claims he invented the internet?
    I know this is a joke, but it sticks in my craw anyway. Gore NEVER claimed to have invented the Internet. That was a Republican spin job based on some comments he made to a newscaster that he had been instrumental in the promotion and funding of (or CREATION of) the Internet -- which was absolutely true, according to the folks who DID invent the Internet.

If it hadn't been for Gore's efforts, most of us wouldn't be posting to this site.

Again, I know it was a joke, but I REALLY hate it when Republican lies stick.
    --
    Robert Gregory Browne
    KISS HER GOODBYE (now available)
    KILLER YEAR: Stories to Die For (Jan. 2008)
    WHISPER IN THE DARK (2008)
    St. Martin's Press
    http://www.robertgregorybrowne.com

Besides, I've had worse bosses...

The bigger question is whether the network will be viable. Will they attact an audience? Will they attract advertisers?

And how much will they pay when our short films are aired? Will it cover nominal composing royalties?

One thing I envision is shorter format commercials interspersed between the short format productions. If the commercials are short enough, why bother TiVo'ing through them? That could be interesting to Madison Ave.

Gore aside, it's an interesting social experiment. Whoever lands the job will get to see the transition (or implosion!) from the inside.

But if you think about it, it's a good bet. Few cable channels ever die. They adjust their programming, but they don't die.

-JF

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    ...But if you think about it, it's a good bet. Few cable channels ever die. They adjust their programming, but they don't die.

-JF
    just they never make a profit!

That's okay. As long as they keep making payroll.

-JF

well its a dayjob...who could complain?

Go Back to forum