• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Bush War Creates Terrorists

Share/Bookmark

Bush War Creates Terrorists

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Check out the results of a recent Saudi Arabian government / Israeli think tank study.

The Iraq war didn't stop terrorists. It creates them. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Just as many war opponents - and the CIA - predicted.

http://www.boston.com/news/world/mid...error_in_iraq/

-JF

Re: Bush War Creates Terrorists

Wes? dcornutt? BRIAN?
    --
    Robert Gregory Browne
    KISS HER GOODBYE (now available)
    KILLER YEAR: Stories to Die For (Jan. 2008)
    WHISPER IN THE DARK (2008)
    St. Martin's Press
    http://www.robertgregorybrowne.com

If this report were from Michael Moore, one could guess the response. Given that it's from Bush's friends in the Saudi Arabian government, a think tank in Israel, and that it references CIA documents, the messenger shooting option isn't viable.

Some may try it anyway. Just look to the Wilson/Plame story to see how low the administration will go to discredit those who challenge them by speaking truth.

-JF

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4684989.stm

If you'll recall rob, in the arguments of mine you have dismissed without addressing the points I made...it's quite obvious that any "war" in that region (including Afghanistan)..is going to draw in jihadis and new recruits.

I do not dispute..nor have I ever disputed...that such was not the case.
    What I "did" say..was that what they are "doing"...in carrying out that jihad...is exposing their ideology and turning more muslims away from it in the "larger" muslim world.

A year ago or so I heard a simple analysis that sticks with me: Each month that the US kills or discourages more insurgents than are created, the US is winning the war. If the insurgency grows faster than it's destroyed, the US is losing.

I have no idea who is winning right now by that measure, but I'm not encouraged by recent trends.

-JF

Everyone is losing.

Since Rob was so kind to ask me for my 2 cents:

Yes, one could say that this war created terrorists, but it seems evident that the war created an opportunity for radical Sunni clerics to recruit fresh troops for their battle for dominance in the region. As the article itself says, "They (insurgents) are blamed for the almost daily suicide attacks against US and Iraqi forces and have killed thousands of civilians, mostly members of Iraq's Shia Muslim majority."

As the majority of the killings in Iraq have been muslim-on-muslim, I think the characterization that the war is creating "freedom fighters", as Rob so often claims, is a politicized interpretation of the actual events (and also an incorrect one ).

My 2 cents.

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wes37

As the majority of the killings in Iraq have been muslim-on-muslim.
    I think they should be encouraged to continue. Let's get the Jews in on it, too. Perhaps we could also get Baptists interested in killing each other...that would be fantastic.

In fact, why not let's have ALL the people who place their narrow religious dogma over actual good just kill each other off? That would be progress, indeed. Natural selection at its finest.

But I do not wish to fund it, or have their innocents' blood on my hands. No thanks. I'm all about live and let live. And Gimlets.

Quote Originally Posted by dcornutt
    What I "did" say..was that what they are "doing"...in carrying out that jihad...is exposing their ideology and turning more muslims away from it in the "larger" muslim world.
    Well, dcornutt, I'm certainly glad their ideology is exposed. That's showing the bastards. Killing thousands of Iraqis and nearly two thousand of our young men and women was certainly worth it.

Oddly enough, Saddam H. was not a jihadist. He wasn't religious. Go figure.
    --
    Robert Gregory Browne
    St. Martin's Press

Quote Originally Posted by wes37
    Since Rob was so kind to ask me for my 2 cents:

Yes, one could say that this war created terrorists, but it seems evident that the war created an opportunity for radical Sunni clerics to recruit fresh troops for their battle for dominance in the region. As the article itself says, "They (insurgents) are blamed for the almost daily suicide attacks against US and Iraqi forces and have killed thousands of civilians, mostly members of Iraq's Shia Muslim majority."

As the majority of the killings in Iraq have been muslim-on-muslim, I think the characterization that the war is creating "freedom fighters", as Rob so often claims, is a politicized interpretation of the actual events (and also an incorrect one ).

My 2 cents.
    The question is, knowing that our actions have CAUSED this -- has created this opportunity you speak of -- do you STILL think it was a good idea to invade?

P.S. I never called the insurgents "freedom fighters." I said they are merely acting the way WE would act if our country was invaded.
    --
    Robert Gregory Browne
    St. Martin's Press

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast