• Help

Topic: Safe drivers sing!

Share/Bookmark

Safe drivers sing!

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Report: Singing motorists are safer drivers
    But rousing tunes, complex rhythms, can divert attention from road

LONDON - Motorists who enjoy a sing-along while driving tend to concentrate more and fall asleep less than their silent counterparts, new research showed on Tuesday...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8629274/

-JF

Re: Safe drivers sing!

I used to have a 12 hour night shift job, with a 1hr travel time. I tried everything to keep myself awake- singing, having the windows down in minus 20 degree (Celcius) weather, slapping myself silly, pinching, pulling hair - it just wouldn't work for me. My eyelids got really heavy. I remember once falling asleep during an off ramp from the highway and waking up half way into the turn. . . I guess somebody else took the wheel from me in that brief moment - a heart pounding moment for sure. That event kept me awake, for another 5 minutes anyway.

Thank God I have regular hours now, and closer to home.

Rob

Wow, Rob,

Definitely work near home - or buy a van with a bed in the back. No need to take yourself out - or others with you.

I find that I can drive long distances fairly easily without nodding. Somehow I find the experience entertaining and rewarding. I've always felt that I was lucky that way.

Stay safe, Rob!

-JF

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    I find that I can drive long distances fairly easily without nodding. Somehow I find the experience entertaining and rewarding. I've always felt that I was lucky that way.

Stay safe, Rob!

-JF
    I just got back today from a 4000 mile total trip. I drove a little, but my fiance' (that sounds cool to say now!) is a driving machine. She drove for hours and hours and hours. Unreal.
    We did have an exciting moment driving through Yellowstone. A buffalo decided to walk out in to traffic and almost caused a huge wreck.
    "They get what they vote for." PaulR

Go Back to forum