• Register
  • Help

Topic: K2 w/ DP 4.6 crashes while loading Giga files??

Share/Bookmark

K2 w/ DP 4.6 crashes while loading Giga files??

Everytime I try to import my Sonic Implants strings in Giga format into K2, it crashes at about midway through the conversion. I'm using K2.02
    w/ a Mac g4 dual 1.25 ghz w/ 2gb RAM. Both DP and K2 just quit leaving no error message or anything. Anyone else have this problem and
    found a solution yet?

Thanks,

Tom

Re: K2 w/ DP 4.6 crashes while loading Giga files??

I've found it best to convert everything from Giga to Kontakt format from the get -go. Close out DP and use Kontakt in standalone (or another program, i.e. Translator) to batch convert the library. Once the programs are in Kontakt format you shouldn't have this issue.

Thanks- I never thought of that! I will try using Kontakt as a Standalone for conversion. I also have CDXtract. Which have you found to do better conversions, Kontakt, CDXtract, or Translator?

Tom

I've used Kontakt and CDXtract. Both have given similar results. You may get some groups that show as "unsupported dimension" with one method versus another, but mostly it ends up the same. I have had some issues with CDX crashing on super large tasks. The new update may have corrected this...I haven't checked yet. With a bigger library (like SI) I'll copy the Gigas from the CDs/DVDs to a hard drive and convert them from the hard drive. Then the whole library converts while I'm out having a couple drinks. Come home and dump the .gigs in the trash and you're ready to roll!

Go Back to forum