• Register
  • Help

Topic: Kompakt (EWQLSO GOLD ) velocity splits in Energy XT

Share/Bookmark

Kompakt (EWQLSO GOLD ) velocity splits in Energy XT

Using Energy XT, I am attempting to create velocity splits for EWQLSO gold.. I am able to do this with other VSTi's...

I insert a MIDI patcher and 2 instances of EWQLSO Gold ( same problem should occur with any Kompakt library, I assume.)

I assign the double bass to MIDI patch #1, with velocities 0-75 and I assign a bassoon to MIDI patch #2, with velocities 76-127.

When I hit the key softly I hear the double bass
    When I hit the key harder I hear the bassoon.

Great!

Now here is my problem.. when I hit the key harder, I hear the bassoon, which is what I want, but when I let go of the key, the double bass comes in for a brief moment..

For the life of me, I can't figure out to set it up so that when I let go of the key, the double bass does not come in...

Thanks!

PS:

If I simply assign the double bass to MIDI patch #1, with velocities 0-75, and
    I hit a key softly on my keyboard, I hear the double bass. If I hit the key harder, I don't hear a sound ( because I haven't assigned a different sound to velocities 76 and up ), so this is normal. But when I let go of the key, I hear the double bass sound.

Re: Kompakt (EWQLSO GOLD ) velocity splits in Energy XT

bumpedee bumpee

Midi note-off can be defined as a note-on with a velocity of 0. Try defining your range as 1-75.

Hi, even if I select a minimum velocity of 10, and hit the key hard, when I let go, I still hear the sound that has a minimum velocity of 10 ( not 0 )...very bizarre..

Go Back to forum