• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GPO Jazz Album no. 1 - Download Now!!!!!

Share/Bookmark

GPO Jazz Album no. 1 - Download Now!!!!!

Hey everyone. It's been a while since I've posted since I'm taking summer piano lessons now at university so I've been busy. I really think you guys should listen to some of the jazz combo recordings I did using GPO and a drum kit library. The combo consists of a piano, bass, vibraphone, and an english horn, enjoy. All the pieces are originals, and are in the Miles Davis quintet type of style. Enjoy!

A Night In Seattle

Magic Mountain

Rio de Janero (Jazz Combo Version)

8:37 PM

Craig has a piece called LaPorte Nocturne and we will release it shortly here too.There will be more to come later on. I really would apprieciate comments.
    Thanks.
    -Christopher Reeves
    Pianist, Composer, Arranger

Re: GPO Jazz Album no. 1 - Download Now!!!!!

Christopher,

What a treat! This is great stuff. Very smooth and introspective with a lot of class.

With music like this I am inspired. I just got to get the Jazz and Big Band library released soon because I can't wait to hear what you do with it.

You just keep getting better (fantastic piano!). Each piece deserves to be heard in its own right and if it's ok with you, I'll make a thread for each song.

Thanks for posting this.

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher_Reeves
    Hey everyone. It's been a while since I've posted since I'm taking summer piano lessons now at university so I've been busy. I really think you guys should listen to some of the jazz combo recordings I did using GPO and a drum kit library. The combo consists of a piano, bass, vibraphone, and an english horn, enjoy. All the pieces are originals, and are in the Miles Davis quintet type of style. Enjoy!

A Night In Seattle

Magic Mountain

Rio de Janero (Jazz Combo Version)

8:37 PM

Craig has a piece called LaPorte Nocturne and we will release it shortly here too.There will be more to come later on. I really would apprieciate comments.
    Thanks.

Thumbs up Re: GPO Jazz Album no. 1 - Download Now!!!!!

My sincere congratulations, Chris. It's good music, but an excellent rendition/performance also.

All the best,

Fabio

Christopher,

Good to hear another side of you. Nicely done.

Tom

Wow,… Very nice!!!

This is exactly the type of jazz I enjoy….

After a while, I completely forgot I was listening to sound libraries.. Sounded live!.

"Rio de Janero" was fabulous, and "8:37 PM" was even better!

I'm amazed at the talent on this forum.

jeff

Wow. VERY IMPRESSIVE. What are you using for the bass?

These are fantatic! The music is great, and it sounds very real too. This is very inspiring...you've made me want to make some jazz now .

By the way, what did you use for the percussion? I've been trying to find a brush kit for the last few days. Although I'm probably gonna wait for the Garritan Jazz/Big band library I'd still like to know what library these sounds are from. Thanks.

Keep up the good work!

Richard

Very, very nice. I especially appreciated the choice of instruments - the inclusion of the english horn was surprising but really cool.

I cannot comment more because the genre is way out of my normal hearing experience. But I wanted to say that I enjoyed the compositions and performances a lot.

YBaCuO

Overlooking NYC, from Weehawken, New Jersey, USA

Christopher,

Listened to Rio. Loved the Music. Wonderful.

My only complaint. The Reverb of the few different instruments doesn't match. There is a gated reverb on the drums, when they pause the reverb drops out, a little distracting. The horn seemed to be in a much "drier" space with hardly any verb. If the same room effect were placed on all the instruments... I swear you'd have me totally fooled.

Beautiful piece.

Erik

Ah! Beautifully done, Christopher... tons of "class" and generously smooth, with a restraint and subtlety that's just plain delicious.

The whole set is a pleasure!

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast