• Register
  • Help

Topic: Mornin' Sam! Mornin' Ralph!

Share/Bookmark

Re: Mornin' Sam! Mornin' Ralph!

?????

Styxx, sometimes your posts really confuse me...

This snipet Styxx posted is from a cartoon when two dogs Ralph the Coyote and Sam the Sheepdog are checking in to go about their acting in the cartoon itself.

Last weekend Tom and I attended "Bugs Bunny on Broadway" at Benaroya Hall. The Seattle Symphony played along with the Warner Bros. Merry Melody and Looney Toon Cartoons - Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Elmer Fudd, Tweedy Bird, Roadrunner, etc. If this comes to your area I would recommend seeing it. A lot of fun and the music from these cartoons is fantastic - lots of the classics (Wagner, Strauss, etc) and the must of Carl Stalling.

These cartoons introduced myself and many others to orchestral music at an early age.

What is your favorite Looney Toons character? And how has cartoon music influenced you?

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    What is your favorite Looney Toons character? And how has cartoon music influenced you?
    I always loved the Bugs/Daffy competitiveness, although Bugs always seemed to get the upper hand at Daffy's expense.

Carl Stalling is my cartoon music hero. In the early 90's I had the pleasure of writing for a cartoon series in which I tried to emulate the Stalling style. Let me tell you, his style is not easy! And he always makes musical sense at the same time. Using music as a sound effect and maintaining a melody or theme is something he excelled at.

Bruce Broughton and the late Richard Stone are two of the most successful composers who have been able to emulate Stalling's style.
    Last edited by bmpsound; 07-19-2005 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Mr. Stone has passed.
    Steve Barden
    www.SteveBarden.com
    "So....it's a profit deal!" - Navin R. Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    I always liked the road runner/cyote (excuse my spelling) competiveness. That was always fun to watch. As far as cartoon music, I just happen to recognize different melodies and stuff in music like Offenbach's Orpheus in the Underworld. I wasn't expecting it to finish off with the can-can!! That kind of music always cheers me up. Maybe that should be Styxx's theme song? Just that end of the Orpheus in the Underworld.

-Chris

Go Back to forum