• Register
  • Help

Topic: Music for Relaxing

Share/Bookmark

Music for Relaxing

This is part III of Lunar Scenes. Part IV begun an hour ago. Some day it will be finished, maybe soon, maybe not. This is considerably less vigorous than most of my current output. It is intended to be a very relaxing, meditative piece, soft and soothing. It feels that way to me, and I certainly hope to anyone else that listens.

To listen:
    Mare Serenitas, MP3
    http://www.sibeliusmusic.com/mp3/7/1/7/71713.mp3

To view the score:
    Mare Serenitas
    http://www.sibeliusmusic.com/cgi-bin...?scoreid=71713

Richard

Thumbs up Re: Music for Relaxing

Hmm, quite interesting. To be honest with you, I don't know whether I was relaxed or anxious while listening. Of course, it doesn’t help to be at work. Kind of impossible to get into a state of relaxation with all these students going off the deep end.
    Although, I will say I liked it quite a bit! I was more moved to different awareness of emotions while listening. I'm going back for another listen.
    BTW - Are you playing this in real time?
    Styxx

Re: Music for Relaxing

Beautiful,simply beautiful.It has an other-worldly lyricism,and an absorbing harmonic flow.Such a beautiful sound from the Piano too.Excellent work Richard,I enjoyed it very much.
    regards

Re: Music for Relaxing

Quote Originally Posted by joaz
    Beautiful,simply beautiful.It has an other-worldly lyricism,and an absorbing harmonic flow.Such a beautiful sound from the Piano too.Excellent work Richard,I enjoyed it very much.
    regards

Well, I am happy that I have achieved my aim. Perhaps the residents of the other side of the moon will also appreciate it! I did take great pains to make it sound, as you call it, other worldly, and it is good to hear you found it there.

Styx:
    BTW - Are you playing this in real time? -------- Nope! But one of the days, I will print it and find out how creaky my fingers have become!

Richard

Go Back to forum