• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Topic: List of Instruments with Vibrato Control

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    List of Instruments with Vibrato Control

    The following is a list of the solo instruments that had vibrato control added in the fall of 2004. The controllers are:

    cc#17 = vibrato speed
    Aftertouch = vibrato intensity (M-Audio keyboards use cc#131 as a substitute)

    Here's the list, consistent with naming conventions in the latest version:

    Bass Flute Solo NV
    Flute Solo NV
    Piccolo Solo NV
    Bass Clarinet Solo
    Bb Clarinet Solo
    Contrabass Clarinet Solo
    Eb Clarinet Solo
    Bassoon 1 Solo
    Bassoon 2 Solo
    Contrabassoon 1 Solo
    Contrabassoon 2 Solo

    French Horn 1 Solo KS
    French Horn 1 Solo
    French Horn 1 Solo ag
    French Horn 2 Solo
    French Horn Solo Mute
    Tpt 1 Solo ag
    Tpt 1 Solo KS
    Tpt 1 Solo
    Tpt 2 Solo
    Tpt Piccolo Solo NV
    Tpt Solo Straight Mute
    Bass Trombone 1 Solo
    Bass Trombone 2 Solo ag
    Bass Trombone 2 Solo
    Tenor Tbone Solo ag
    Tenor Tbone Solo KS
    Tenor Tbone Solo
    Tenor Tbone Solo Mute
    ContraTuba Solo
    Tuba 1 Solo
    Tuba 2 Solo ag
    Tuba 2 Solo

  2. #2

    Re: List of Instruments with Vibrato Control

    I don't see oboe and english horn in the list. How come?

  3. #3

    Re: List of Instruments with Vibrato Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge
    I don't see oboe and english horn in the list. How come?
    Only instruments available in non-vibrato form are eligible for this kind of programming. Oboes and English horns have only natural (recorded) vibrato versions in GPO. The same is true for solo strings.

    Tom

  4. #4

    Re: List of Instruments with Vibrato Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hopkins
    Only instruments available in non-vibrato form are eligible for this kind of programming. Oboes and English horns have only natural (recorded) vibrato versions in GPO. The same is true for solo strings.

    Tom
    Will the solo strings in GPOA have a vibrato control similiar to these?
    I have a feeling this was mentioned, but can't seem to find the thread where it was...if it was.

    Thanx,
    -Chris

  5. #5

    Re: List of Instruments with Vibrato Control

    Both Tom and Gary has "promised" to incorporate NV strings susceptible to CC#17/131 control. They are very musical guys, and of course they know, that a one-speed vibrato is completely hopeless, a hallmark of lousy musicianship.

  6. #6

    Re: List of Instruments with Vibrato Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge
    Both Tom and Gary has "promised" to incorporate NV strings susceptible to CC#17/131 control. They are very musical guys, and of course they know, that a one-speed vibrato is completely hopeless, a hallmark of lousy musicianship.
    YAY!!!!!

  7. #7

    Re: List of Instruments with Vibrato Control

    I am having trouble getting these to work in Logic, I see the vibrato control for these instruments, yet when I tweak it, nothing happens. Am I doing something obviously wrong?

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •