• Register
  • Help

Topic: KOMPAKT problem.. please help

Share/Bookmark

KOMPAKT problem.. please help

Hey guys,

Got a strange problem that just started happening today. I can load up any kompakt instrument as a standalone (like stormdrum) and it plays with no problem at all. But when I load an instrument into regular kompakt and hit a key, I get a message saying komakt.exe has encountered a problem and needs to shut down. Any ideas?

Rich

Re: KOMPAKT problem.. please help

No ideas, but I got the same response: using the mouse to click a key on the keyboard and -- kompakt just crashed. Worked fine through midi control, however. Prompted me to buy kontakt, so maybe it's a marketing tool by NI.

Very odd... interesting to hear people are having the same issue. If no one can come up with an idea I guess I'll finally have an excuse to pick up GS 3.

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Rich D
    Very odd... interesting to hear people are having the same issue. If no one can come up with an idea I guess I'll finally have an excuse to pick up GS 3.

Rich
    I would try un-intaling and re-instal. Sounds like something got corrupted along the way. Never seen that happen in 3 years.. Rich

Thanks guys for the quick replies... I re-installed it and now it works fine.

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Rich D
    Thanks guys for the quick replies... I re-installed it and now it works fine.

Rich
    Cool... Rich

Go Back to forum