• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: What's your favorite reverb patch

Share/Bookmark

What's your favorite reverb patch

I've found that a great reverb is essential to getting a great orchestra sounds.

I was using Logic's Space Designer with the PCM91 convolution of "Deep Blue" (pretty decent, but a little stiff. The real PCM is much more alive and 3D sounding).

I then started using the Powercore VSS3 verb "Large Clear Hall"

When I can, I use a Lexicon 300 "Large Hall".

Choirs seem to work well with convolution verbs (mainly churches)

I just picked up a TC Reverb 4000 based off of some pretty great reviews. I think it's gonna be great. The "Europe Orch Hall" and "Show Hall" both are pretty mind blowing right off the bat.

What do you use for your orchestra?

Re: What's your favorite reverb patch

GigaPulse...

Gigapulse too.
    best regards

Przemyslaw K.

I also use GigaPulse. I wish there were more hall impulses.

Hey Marcussen, how do you use the large Hall impulse in GigaPulse? Normally, the wet/dry mix of a send/return effect should be a 100% wet (otherwise you are returning some of the original signal). But the volume in this particular impulse is so humongous (36% instead of the usual 100%) that it almost scares me. The thing is, the parameters look weird. In order to get the three mic mixes at 100%, you have to slide the main wet/dry mix from 36% to 129.99%. Strange, isn't it? What's your take on this? Thanks.

------------
    Alex Cremers

We will have a lot of impulses in Holoacoustics Impulse Library for GigaPulse shortly from many prestigious halls. I really mean a lot.

Hi Alex... when I used the Large Hall impulse I simply set it to 100% and then panned (I know... not the way to do things). What annoyed me about the large impulse is that you hardly hear any difference between the various room placements.. or atleast I cant. The medium hall however you hear very clearly how each placement has a different sound and placement in the stero field. So what I do now is take the medium impulse and then add extra perspective.

But all that said and done I still havent completed experiementing with things. So I'm not sure what my final settings will be.

Regarding the volume, I never really solved it other than turning down the utput on gigastudio. Otherwise the instruments would clearly distort

Yes, the Medium Hall. I think I better use that one too. I'm just not confident in using the Large Hall impulse over an aux send. However, it works great as an insert effect. Thanks, Marcussen.

------------
    Alex Cremers

Gigapulse! The medium and small halls are my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Csaba Huszty
    We will have a lot of impulses in Holoacoustics Impulse Library for GigaPulse shortly from many prestigious halls. I really mean a lot.
    Interesting! Could you lift the tip of the veil a bit? If the Amsterdam Concertgebouw is in it I'm definitely sold!

Csaba,

Welcome to NSS!
    Just wanted to say that I think the NDB impulse is awesome! I am likely to buy any collection you issue, if it contains more large spaces like this one.

Belbin

Quote Originally Posted by Alexcremers
    Yes, the Medium Hall. I think I better use that one too. I'm just not confident in using the Large Hall impulse over an aux send. However, it works great as an insert effect. Thanks, Marcussen.

------------
    Alex Cremers
    Hi Alex... just curious. Why no Aux send? Whats the difference?

Go Back to forum